Jul 3, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks look like they’re just about finished with an overhaul behind the bench.
John Tortorella fleshed out his coaching staff by bringing in his New York Rangers assistant Mike Sullivan and former Dallas Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan, TSN’s Darren Dreger reports.
This could create an interesting dynamic, especially if Gulutzan and Sullivan wield similar power behind Tortorella.
The New York Post reports that Sullivan estranged more Rangers players than Tortorella, leading some to wonder if the Canucks would be better off with a “good cop” to go with Torts’ intensity.
Perhaps Gulutzan can be that soothing presence? He was fairly mild-mannered in Dallas, aside from the occasional blowup where he questioned his team’s … manhood.
Either way, with Roberto Luongo still in tow, this could be a fascinating season in Vancouver. Canucks fans just hope it’s for the right reasons.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 2
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 76
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (76)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)