Jul 3, 2013, 1:36 PM EST
Speedy winger Mason Raymond, a pending unrestricted free agent, is drawing good interest from teams, agent JP Barry tells News 1130 Sports in Vancouver.
Raymond is not expected to return to the Canucks for next season. The 27-year-old was seen as a rising star in 2009-10 when he scored 25 goals in 82 games; however, his production has fallen in recent campaigns while facing criticism for operating too much on the perimeter, and also for some questionable decision-making with the puck.
In 2013, Raymond had 10 goals in 46 games. With a larger role in the offense, and if he can stay healthy, it’s feasible he could get back above the 20-goal mark.
Raymond earned $2.28 million last year.
“I think I’ll have some good discussions about Mason,” Barry told The Province recently. “He’s got a lot of speed and he had a good season. Also, the UFA market is not a deep one this year.”
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)