Jul 3, 2013, 1:36 PM EST
Speedy winger Mason Raymond, a pending unrestricted free agent, is drawing good interest from teams, agent JP Barry tells News 1130 Sports in Vancouver.
Raymond is not expected to return to the Canucks for next season. The 27-year-old was seen as a rising star in 2009-10 when he scored 25 goals in 82 games; however, his production has fallen in recent campaigns while facing criticism for operating too much on the perimeter, and also for some questionable decision-making with the puck.
In 2013, Raymond had 10 goals in 46 games. With a larger role in the offense, and if he can stay healthy, it’s feasible he could get back above the 20-goal mark.
Raymond earned $2.28 million last year.
“I think I’ll have some good discussions about Mason,” Barry told The Province recently. “He’s got a lot of speed and he had a good season. Also, the UFA market is not a deep one this year.”
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)