Jul 3, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have signed 25-year-old defenseman Jordie Benn to a three-year contract, the club announced today.
Benn, the older brother of Stars winger Jamie Benn, appeared in 26 games for Dallas in 2013, scoring six points while averaging 17:19 of ice time.
Further terms of the deal were not disclosed, but this one shouldn’t break the bank. Jordie Benn is coming off a one-year, two-way deal with an NHL salary of $525,000. Undrafted, he was a pending unrestricted free agent, per CapGeek.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 3
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 13
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 16
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)