Jul 3, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have signed 25-year-old defenseman Jordie Benn to a three-year contract, the club announced today.
Benn, the older brother of Stars winger Jamie Benn, appeared in 26 games for Dallas in 2013, scoring six points while averaging 17:19 of ice time.
Further terms of the deal were not disclosed, but this one shouldn’t break the bank. Jordie Benn is coming off a one-year, two-way deal with an NHL salary of $525,000. Undrafted, he was a pending unrestricted free agent, per CapGeek.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)