Jul 3, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have signed 25-year-old defenseman Jordie Benn to a three-year contract, the club announced today.
Benn, the older brother of Stars winger Jamie Benn, appeared in 26 games for Dallas in 2013, scoring six points while averaging 17:19 of ice time.
Further terms of the deal were not disclosed, but this one shouldn’t break the bank. Jordie Benn is coming off a one-year, two-way deal with an NHL salary of $525,000. Undrafted, he was a pending unrestricted free agent, per CapGeek.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 8
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 8
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 23
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 54
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)