Jul 3, 2013, 4:50 PM EST
The Dallas Stars have signed 25-year-old defenseman Jordie Benn to a three-year contract, the club announced today.
Benn, the older brother of Stars winger Jamie Benn, appeared in 26 games for Dallas in 2013, scoring six points while averaging 17:19 of ice time.
Further terms of the deal were not disclosed, but this one shouldn’t break the bank. Jordie Benn is coming off a one-year, two-way deal with an NHL salary of $525,000. Undrafted, he was a pending unrestricted free agent, per CapGeek.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)