Jul 3, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have signed 25-year-old defenseman Jordie Benn to a three-year contract, the club announced today.
Benn, the older brother of Stars winger Jamie Benn, appeared in 26 games for Dallas in 2013, scoring six points while averaging 17:19 of ice time.
Further terms of the deal were not disclosed, but this one shouldn’t break the bank. Jordie Benn is coming off a one-year, two-way deal with an NHL salary of $525,000. Undrafted, he was a pending unrestricted free agent, per CapGeek.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)