Jul 3, 2013, 8:20 AM EDT
A one-time Winnipeg Jets prospect from the club’s original draft class is off to Dallas Stars prospects camp.
Zachary Yuen, a late fourth-round pick of the Jets in 2011, is headed to the Stars camp after a contract with Winnipeg could not be reach, according to Cody Nickolet, a scout for Future Considerations.
Yuen, who hails from Vancouver, spent part of the last five seasons with the Tri-City Americans in the WHL.
Last season, he scored nine goals and had 44 points in 71 games played.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)