Jul 3, 2013, 7:54 AM EDT
The ESPY Award for Best Team will be decided by the people.
And the Chicago Blackhawks, the 2013 Stanley Cup winners and record-breakers from the regular season, are among a group of teams from various sports up for the award.
The list includes the U.S. Women’s Gymnastics team, San Francisco Giants, Alabama Football, Baltimore Ravens, Miami Heat and Oklahoma Softball.
The Blackhawks not only claimed the championship in dramatic fashion, but they won the Presidents’ Trophy as the league’s top regular season team, with a record of 36-7-5.
They also made history by going 24 straight games without a regulation loss to begin the regular season, which also included a franchise-best 11-game winning streak, as per the Chicago Tribune.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)