Jul 3, 2013, 7:54 AM EDT
The ESPY Award for Best Team will be decided by the people.
And the Chicago Blackhawks, the 2013 Stanley Cup winners and record-breakers from the regular season, are among a group of teams from various sports up for the award.
The list includes the U.S. Women’s Gymnastics team, San Francisco Giants, Alabama Football, Baltimore Ravens, Miami Heat and Oklahoma Softball.
The Blackhawks not only claimed the championship in dramatic fashion, but they won the Presidents’ Trophy as the league’s top regular season team, with a record of 36-7-5.
They also made history by going 24 straight games without a regulation loss to begin the regular season, which also included a franchise-best 11-game winning streak, as per the Chicago Tribune.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 11
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)