Jul 3, 2013, 7:54 AM EDT
The ESPY Award for Best Team will be decided by the people.
And the Chicago Blackhawks, the 2013 Stanley Cup winners and record-breakers from the regular season, are among a group of teams from various sports up for the award.
The list includes the U.S. Women’s Gymnastics team, San Francisco Giants, Alabama Football, Baltimore Ravens, Miami Heat and Oklahoma Softball.
The Blackhawks not only claimed the championship in dramatic fashion, but they won the Presidents’ Trophy as the league’s top regular season team, with a record of 36-7-5.
They also made history by going 24 straight games without a regulation loss to begin the regular season, which also included a franchise-best 11-game winning streak, as per the Chicago Tribune.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 67
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 28
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 51
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 33
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (67)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)