Jul 3, 2013, 7:54 AM EDT
The ESPY Award for Best Team will be decided by the people.
And the Chicago Blackhawks, the 2013 Stanley Cup winners and record-breakers from the regular season, are among a group of teams from various sports up for the award.
The list includes the U.S. Women’s Gymnastics team, San Francisco Giants, Alabama Football, Baltimore Ravens, Miami Heat and Oklahoma Softball.
The Blackhawks not only claimed the championship in dramatic fashion, but they won the Presidents’ Trophy as the league’s top regular season team, with a record of 36-7-5.
They also made history by going 24 straight games without a regulation loss to begin the regular season, which also included a franchise-best 11-game winning streak, as per the Chicago Tribune.
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 5
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 19
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)