Jul 3, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
Both players are restricted free agents.
So…what’s the plan?
According to True Hockey’s Andy Strickland, it’s “sounding more and more like” the Blues will take Stewart, 25, to arbitration.
Pietrangelo, 23, doesn’t have arbitration rights, but Armstrong didn’t sound worried about getting a deal done eventually. (Armstrong has already indicated he’d match any offer sheets for his key RFAs.)
In terms of attracting free agents, Armstrong believes the Blues have become a more appealing option for free agents that, in addition to money, want a chance to win, play with good players and live in a nice place.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18