Jul 3, 2013, 2:28 PM EST
Both players are restricted free agents.
So…what’s the plan?
According to True Hockey’s Andy Strickland, it’s “sounding more and more like” the Blues will take Stewart, 25, to arbitration.
Pietrangelo, 23, doesn’t have arbitration rights, but Armstrong didn’t sound worried about getting a deal done eventually. (Armstrong has already indicated he’d match any offer sheets for his key RFAs.)
In terms of attracting free agents, Armstrong believes the Blues have become a more appealing option for free agents that, in addition to money, want a chance to win, play with good players and live in a nice place.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 16
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29