Jul 2, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
The Flames are in need of help up front and they went out and got some today.
ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun reports Calgary acquired forward T.J. Galiardi from the San Jose Sharks for a 2015 fourth-round draft pick. Calgary also announced they’re re-signed Galiardi to a one-year deal worth $1.25 million. For the Flames it gives them some forward depth, but for the Sharks they’re clearing room.
San Jose acquired Tyler Kennedy from the Penguins on Sunday and they’ve got prospect Tomas Hertl coming through the pipeline as well at center. With Galiardi, San Jose had too many centers and not enough open positions on their third and fourth lines.
Calgary, meanwhile, has a dearth of centermen. Their first-round pick this year, Sean Monahan, could slide into a starting role right away this coming season. Matt Stajan is on the downside of his career and Mike Cammalleri is a player GM Jay Feaster has been trying to move.
It’s a little ugly in Calgary to say the least. Galiardi will give them help on their third line and provide them with a decent penalty killer.
Apr 21, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
Two from the East, and two from the West.
Apr 21, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
There’s currently no deal in place for the games in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
Apr 21, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
He’s expected to have surgery today.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
Ovechkin looks to bump the slump as the Caps try to avoid falling behind 3-1 in their series with the Islanders.
Apr 21, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
The GM hasn’t taken kindly to recent criticism of his hockey club.
Apr 21, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Apr 21, 2015, 1:52 AM EDT
The Jets, and Winnipeg, feel the crush of defeat.
Apr 21, 2015, 12:55 AM EDT
Down 2-1 in the series.
Apr 21, 2015, 12:33 AM EDT
Another comeback victory for Anaheim.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Apr 20, 2015, 10:54 PM EDT
Devan Dubnyk produces his first playoff shutout.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:37 PM EDT
It drew a two-minute roughing penalty.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:29 PM EDT
No call on the first collision.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:48 PM EDT
Will shifting locales produce interesting results?
Apr 20, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
A close-to-perfect road effort from New York.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:41 PM EDT
Apr 20, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
New Jersey’s only player who went under the knife this offseason.
Apr 20, 2015, 8:51 PM EDT
He needs some help, though.
Apr 20, 2015, 7:36 PM EDT
Sleepy start by Pittsburgh.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
His issue is an upper-body injury.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 8
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 36
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 31
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 45
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 98
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 6
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)