Jul 2, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
We’ve had plenty of talk about Valeri Nichushkin on here of late but as it goes with Russian players, there’s always the worry they’ll stay in Russia for a while. In Nichushkin’s case, he says he doesn’t want to play at home at all.
Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News hears from Nichushkin’s agent Mark Gandler that his client’s only aim is to play in Dallas next season.
“When they asked about whether there was a desire to go back to KHL, he said, ‘I am here, I want to play in NHL, and I will play in NHL,’” Gandler said.
For what it’s worth, the Stars didn’t seem concerned about it either as they said the “Russian factor” wasn’t an issue for them. As it is, Nichushkin has previously said he has permission from his KHL team, Moscow Dynamo, to go to the NHL. That said, if he doesn’t make the team out of camp, he’ll return to Russia rather than go to the AHL.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 1
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 9
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)