Jul 2, 2013, 3:40 PM EST
We’ve had plenty of talk about Valeri Nichushkin on here of late but as it goes with Russian players, there’s always the worry they’ll stay in Russia for a while. In Nichushkin’s case, he says he doesn’t want to play at home at all.
Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News hears from Nichushkin’s agent Mark Gandler that his client’s only aim is to play in Dallas next season.
“When they asked about whether there was a desire to go back to KHL, he said, ‘I am here, I want to play in NHL, and I will play in NHL,’” Gandler said.
For what it’s worth, the Stars didn’t seem concerned about it either as they said the “Russian factor” wasn’t an issue for them. As it is, Nichushkin has previously said he has permission from his KHL team, Moscow Dynamo, to go to the NHL. That said, if he doesn’t make the team out of camp, he’ll return to Russia rather than go to the AHL.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)