Jul 2, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
We’ve had plenty of talk about Valeri Nichushkin on here of late but as it goes with Russian players, there’s always the worry they’ll stay in Russia for a while. In Nichushkin’s case, he says he doesn’t want to play at home at all.
Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News hears from Nichushkin’s agent Mark Gandler that his client’s only aim is to play in Dallas next season.
“When they asked about whether there was a desire to go back to KHL, he said, ‘I am here, I want to play in NHL, and I will play in NHL,’” Gandler said.
For what it’s worth, the Stars didn’t seem concerned about it either as they said the “Russian factor” wasn’t an issue for them. As it is, Nichushkin has previously said he has permission from his KHL team, Moscow Dynamo, to go to the NHL. That said, if he doesn’t make the team out of camp, he’ll return to Russia rather than go to the AHL.
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 2
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 18
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)