Jul 2, 2013, 9:11 PM EDT
Gazdic, 23, hasn’t played in the NHL yet. He recorded 11 points and 80 penalty minutes in 59 AHL games with the Texas Stars in 2013. 23-year-old MacDermid scored twice and recorded 19 penalty minutes in nine games with the Dallas Stars and Boston Bruins last season.
The Stars also decided not to present qualifying offers to goaltender Richard Bachman or defenseman Jordie Benn. As a result, the two 25-year-old players are eligible to test the unrestricted free agent waters on July 5.
That being said, the Stars might still have interest in retaining both players’ services. The main reason they weren’t qualified is because they would have had arbitration rights.
Richard Bachman had a 3.25 GAA and .885 save percentage in 13 games with the Stars last season. Jordie Benn, the older brother of rising star Jamie Benn, had a goal and six points in 26 games.
Finally, 26-year-old forward Tom Wandell was also denied a qualifying offer, but the difference is that it sounds like he’s more likely to end up with another organization. He had a goal in 18 games with Dallas in 2013.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)