Jul 2, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
For his part, Thomas is “intrigued” by Philadelphia, according to a CSN Philly source, but it’s not clear if the feeling is mutual.
Either way, for now, Thomas is simply testing the waters.
“I don’t know what’s going to happen with Tim,” Thomas’ agent, Bill Zito said. “I’ll find out tomorrow who has interest in Timmy and take it from there.
“All he told me was to check and see what – if any – his options may be. We are allowed to shop free agents tomorrow, so I’ll have a better idea of who has interest at that time.”
Thomas would be an interesting choice for Philadelphia, given that Thomas — like Bryzgalov — has drawn media attention in the past for his off-ice actions. Perhaps the most famous example of that was Thomas’ decision to skip the Boston Bruins’ White House visit in celebration of their Stanley Cup victory.
On top of that, Thomas is an obvious risk after taking a year off from hockey. Still, he’s won the Vezina Trophy twice in addition to being named the 2011 Conn Smythe Trophy winner.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2