Jul 2, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
For his part, Thomas is “intrigued” by Philadelphia, according to a CSN Philly source, but it’s not clear if the feeling is mutual.
Either way, for now, Thomas is simply testing the waters.
“I don’t know what’s going to happen with Tim,” Thomas’ agent, Bill Zito said. “I’ll find out tomorrow who has interest in Timmy and take it from there.
“All he told me was to check and see what – if any – his options may be. We are allowed to shop free agents tomorrow, so I’ll have a better idea of who has interest at that time.”
Thomas would be an interesting choice for Philadelphia, given that Thomas — like Bryzgalov — has drawn media attention in the past for his off-ice actions. Perhaps the most famous example of that was Thomas’ decision to skip the Boston Bruins’ White House visit in celebration of their Stanley Cup victory.
On top of that, Thomas is an obvious risk after taking a year off from hockey. Still, he’s won the Vezina Trophy twice in addition to being named the 2011 Conn Smythe Trophy winner.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)