Jul 2, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
For his part, Thomas is “intrigued” by Philadelphia, according to a CSN Philly source, but it’s not clear if the feeling is mutual.
Either way, for now, Thomas is simply testing the waters.
“I don’t know what’s going to happen with Tim,” Thomas’ agent, Bill Zito said. “I’ll find out tomorrow who has interest in Timmy and take it from there.
“All he told me was to check and see what – if any – his options may be. We are allowed to shop free agents tomorrow, so I’ll have a better idea of who has interest at that time.”
Thomas would be an interesting choice for Philadelphia, given that Thomas — like Bryzgalov — has drawn media attention in the past for his off-ice actions. Perhaps the most famous example of that was Thomas’ decision to skip the Boston Bruins’ White House visit in celebration of their Stanley Cup victory.
On top of that, Thomas is an obvious risk after taking a year off from hockey. Still, he’s won the Vezina Trophy twice in addition to being named the 2011 Conn Smythe Trophy winner.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 92
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (93)