Jul 2, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Count the Dallas Stars as one of the teams interested in Vincent Lecavalier, and apparently they’re in the running for the free agent.
Last week, the Tampa Bay Lightning bought out the remainder of Lecavalier’s 11-year, $85,000,000 contract.
He is now a free agent, and there is no shortage of teams looking to land the one-time 52-goal scorer.
According to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, playing in the East is a factor for Lecavalier, however the Stars remain “in the mix” for the talented center.
Yes, playing East is a factor for Lecavalier, but not the only factor. Dallas is still in the mix.—
Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) July 02, 2013
The Montreal Canadiens and general manager Marc Bergevin have already made public their interest in Lecavalier.
As per a report in The Tennessean, Nashville Predators general manager David Poile has spoken with Lecavalier.
However, the indication from Poile is that Lecavalier wanted to stay on the East Coast.
“We’re going to follow it up again, because we think it could be a fit, but that’s what he and his people have said,” Poile told The Tennessean.
Mar 17, 2014, 11:16 AM EDT
Dallas has made a habit of collapsing late in the season.
Mar 17, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
His return couldn’t come at a better time.
Mar 17, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
Ottawa’s nine points out with 15 games to play.
Mar 17, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
He’s had issues all season long.
Mar 17, 2014, 9:27 AM EDT
Boston has won eight straight games.
Mar 17, 2014, 8:20 AM EDT
That and the rest of the links to start the day.
Mar 16, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
Also an update on the East.
Mar 16, 2014, 10:11 PM EDT
Mar 16, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
Winnipeg takes early advantage over Dallas Stars.
Mar 16, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
At least Buffalo isn’t in a playoff chase.
Mar 16, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Did Carl Hagelin score? Judge for yourself.
Mar 16, 2014, 7:26 PM EDT
Also included: video of Kevin Bieksa’s impressive “save.”
Mar 16, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
The rivalry relocated.
Mar 16, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
Tough loss for a player on a hot streak.
Mar 16, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
It will begin 1-0, but with a full 60-minute game.
Mar 16, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
Washington gets two key points in regulation.
Mar 16, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Good timing considering Chicago’s recent stumbles.
Mar 16, 2014, 5:13 PM EDT
Yep, he’s ridiculous.
Mar 16, 2014, 4:41 PM EDT
He sustained the lower-body injury earlier this week.
Mar 16, 2014, 3:44 PM EDT
Pittsburgh just lost back-to-back contests to Philadelphia.
- Playoff bubble watch — Stars edition 0
- Playoff race update: Jets smash Stars, muddy West picture 10
- Rangers foiled by Sharks’ Niemi, controversial no-goal 21
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 7
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 9
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 18
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 3
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)