Jul 2, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
He may have dropped a few spots in the NHL Draft selection, but it appears as though Seth Jones will begin the season with the Nashville Predators.
Jones, a defenseman from the WHL’s Portland Winterhawks and the No. 1-ranked North American skater coming into Sunday’s draft, was the fourth overall pick, going to the Predators.
Joshua Cooper of The Tennessean reported on Twitter Tuesday afternoon that Predators general manager David Poile indicated Jones will “likely start next season in Nashville.”
Gill, the 6’7″ blue liner, is 38 years old and has one more year remaining on his contract. He also comes with an annual cap hit of $2 million.
As reported last week, Poile had been looking at trade possibilities for both players.
Halischuk is at the end of a standard, two-year contract worth $1.425 million, while Blum is at the end of a one-year deal worth $650,000.
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 0
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 1
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 27
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)