Jul 2, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Michael Sauer‘s career has been devastated by a concussion, and the future of his career remains uncertain.
It was reported Tuesday by Katie Strang of ESPN New York that the New York Rangers have not extended Sauer, a pending restricted free agent, a qualifying offer.
According to Strang, Sauer is still feeling with the “residual effects” from the injury.
Sauer, according to Capgeek.com, was at the end of a two-year deal worth $2.5 million and a cap hit of $1.25 million per season.
In 98 career NHL games with the Rangers, Sauer had four goals and 18 points. He was also an impressive plus-28.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)