Jul 2, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
Michael Sauer‘s career has been devastated by a concussion, and the future of his career remains uncertain.
It was reported Tuesday by Katie Strang of ESPN New York that the New York Rangers have not extended Sauer, a pending restricted free agent, a qualifying offer.
According to Strang, Sauer is still feeling with the “residual effects” from the injury.
Sauer, according to Capgeek.com, was at the end of a two-year deal worth $2.5 million and a cap hit of $1.25 million per season.
In 98 career NHL games with the Rangers, Sauer had four goals and 18 points. He was also an impressive plus-28.
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 49
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (157)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)