Jul 2, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
Michael Sauer‘s career has been devastated by a concussion, and the future of his career remains uncertain.
It was reported Tuesday by Katie Strang of ESPN New York that the New York Rangers have not extended Sauer, a pending restricted free agent, a qualifying offer.
According to Strang, Sauer is still feeling with the “residual effects” from the injury.
Sauer, according to Capgeek.com, was at the end of a two-year deal worth $2.5 million and a cap hit of $1.25 million per season.
In 98 career NHL games with the Rangers, Sauer had four goals and 18 points. He was also an impressive plus-28.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 7
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)