Jul 2, 2013, 11:04 AM EST
Going by the name Tamara W Ribeiro and Twitter handle @Angeltw3, Ribeiro’s wife took to the social media website to voice her displeasure by the fact her husband will become an unrestricted free agent on July 5.
The tweet has since been deleted from her account, however several screen grabs were posted. Below is a screen grab from @NHLexpertpicks.
Ribeiro, 33, spent only one season with the Capitals, posting 49 points in 48 regular season games. It was also the first time since the 2007-08 season that he was over a point-per-game producer. He last did that with the Dallas Stars.
But his current five-year deal of $25 million and an annual cap hit of $5 million per season will not get extended by the Capitals, according to reports.
His wife used the hashtag #pissedbeyondbelief in the tweet, although it was unclear as to what exactly that meant.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15