Jul 2, 2013, 11:04 AM EDT
Going by the name Tamara W Ribeiro and Twitter handle @Angeltw3, Ribeiro’s wife took to the social media website to voice her displeasure by the fact her husband will become an unrestricted free agent on July 5.
The tweet has since been deleted from her account, however several screen grabs were posted. Below is a screen grab from @NHLexpertpicks.
Ribeiro, 33, spent only one season with the Capitals, posting 49 points in 48 regular season games. It was also the first time since the 2007-08 season that he was over a point-per-game producer. He last did that with the Dallas Stars.
But his current five-year deal of $25 million and an annual cap hit of $5 million per season will not get extended by the Capitals, according to reports.
His wife used the hashtag #pissedbeyondbelief in the tweet, although it was unclear as to what exactly that meant.
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 5
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 16
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Pittsburgh releases Daniel Carcillo from tryout (24)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)