Jul 2, 2013, 11:04 AM EDT
Going by the name Tamara W Ribeiro and Twitter handle @Angeltw3, Ribeiro’s wife took to the social media website to voice her displeasure by the fact her husband will become an unrestricted free agent on July 5.
The tweet has since been deleted from her account, however several screen grabs were posted. Below is a screen grab from @NHLexpertpicks.
Ribeiro, 33, spent only one season with the Capitals, posting 49 points in 48 regular season games. It was also the first time since the 2007-08 season that he was over a point-per-game producer. He last did that with the Dallas Stars.
But his current five-year deal of $25 million and an annual cap hit of $5 million per season will not get extended by the Capitals, according to reports.
His wife used the hashtag #pissedbeyondbelief in the tweet, although it was unclear as to what exactly that meant.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)