Jul 2, 2013, 11:04 AM EDT
Going by the name Tamara W Ribeiro and Twitter handle @Angeltw3, Ribeiro’s wife took to the social media website to voice her displeasure by the fact her husband will become an unrestricted free agent on July 5.
The tweet has since been deleted from her account, however several screen grabs were posted. Below is a screen grab from @NHLexpertpicks.
Ribeiro, 33, spent only one season with the Capitals, posting 49 points in 48 regular season games. It was also the first time since the 2007-08 season that he was over a point-per-game producer. He last did that with the Dallas Stars.
But his current five-year deal of $25 million and an annual cap hit of $5 million per season will not get extended by the Capitals, according to reports.
His wife used the hashtag #pissedbeyondbelief in the tweet, although it was unclear as to what exactly that meant.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5