Jul 2, 2013, 11:04 AM EST
Going by the name Tamara W Ribeiro and Twitter handle @Angeltw3, Ribeiro’s wife took to the social media website to voice her displeasure by the fact her husband will become an unrestricted free agent on July 5.
The tweet has since been deleted from her account, however several screen grabs were posted. Below is a screen grab from @NHLexpertpicks.
Ribeiro, 33, spent only one season with the Capitals, posting 49 points in 48 regular season games. It was also the first time since the 2007-08 season that he was over a point-per-game producer. He last did that with the Dallas Stars.
But his current five-year deal of $25 million and an annual cap hit of $5 million per season will not get extended by the Capitals, according to reports.
His wife used the hashtag #pissedbeyondbelief in the tweet, although it was unclear as to what exactly that meant.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54