Jul 2, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Detroit is set to head into this offseason with some cap space and a hole to fill up the middle. Their potential shopping list of centermen gives Red Wings fans a reason to pay attention when free agency kicks off on Friday.
Stephen Weiss (Florida), Mike Ribeiro (Washington), Derek Roy (Vancouver), Tyler Bozak (Toronto), and Matt Cullen (Minnesota). New Jersey’s Patrik Elias is also on their short-list, but he’s close to re-signing with the Devils. While Vincent Lecavalier would seem like a logical fit here, Khan says his demands may be a bit too pricey for what GM Ken Holland is looking for.
Meanwhile, the team is still working on re-signing Damien Brunner and Danny Cleary to new deals. Should that not pan out, there are a host of veteran options on the market for wingers including Jarome Iginla, Brenden Morrow, Jaromir Jagr, and Michael Ryder (amongst others).
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)