Jul 2, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
Blake Comeau isn’t going anywhere in free agency this summer.
Columbus announced they’ve re-signed the veteran forward to a one-year deal. Comeau was picked up at the trade deadline by the Jackets from Calgary for a fifth-round pick in this year’s draft. Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reports the deal is worth $1 million.
Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen is a fan of his game.
“Blake is a dependable two-way forward who combines physical play with ability in the offensive zone,” said Kekalainen. “We liked what we saw from him at the end of last season as he fit in very well with our team and we’re pleased to have signed him to this extension.”
In the nine games he played with Columbus, Comeau had two goals and three assists. The 33 games previous to that with Calgary saw him tally four goals and three assists. Safe to say things worked out pretty well for the 27 year-old in Ohio.
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 0
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 7
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 19
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)