Jul 2, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
Blake Comeau isn’t going anywhere in free agency this summer.
Columbus announced they’ve re-signed the veteran forward to a one-year deal. Comeau was picked up at the trade deadline by the Jackets from Calgary for a fifth-round pick in this year’s draft. Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reports the deal is worth $1 million.
Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen is a fan of his game.
“Blake is a dependable two-way forward who combines physical play with ability in the offensive zone,” said Kekalainen. “We liked what we saw from him at the end of last season as he fit in very well with our team and we’re pleased to have signed him to this extension.”
In the nine games he played with Columbus, Comeau had two goals and three assists. The 33 games previous to that with Calgary saw him tally four goals and three assists. Safe to say things worked out pretty well for the 27 year-old in Ohio.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)