Jul 2, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
Blake Comeau isn’t going anywhere in free agency this summer.
Columbus announced they’ve re-signed the veteran forward to a one-year deal. Comeau was picked up at the trade deadline by the Jackets from Calgary for a fifth-round pick in this year’s draft. Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reports the deal is worth $1 million.
Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen is a fan of his game.
“Blake is a dependable two-way forward who combines physical play with ability in the offensive zone,” said Kekalainen. “We liked what we saw from him at the end of last season as he fit in very well with our team and we’re pleased to have signed him to this extension.”
In the nine games he played with Columbus, Comeau had two goals and three assists. The 33 games previous to that with Calgary saw him tally four goals and three assists. Safe to say things worked out pretty well for the 27 year-old in Ohio.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 20
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)