Jul 2, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
Blake Comeau isn’t going anywhere in free agency this summer.
Columbus announced they’ve re-signed the veteran forward to a one-year deal. Comeau was picked up at the trade deadline by the Jackets from Calgary for a fifth-round pick in this year’s draft. Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reports the deal is worth $1 million.
Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen is a fan of his game.
“Blake is a dependable two-way forward who combines physical play with ability in the offensive zone,” said Kekalainen. “We liked what we saw from him at the end of last season as he fit in very well with our team and we’re pleased to have signed him to this extension.”
In the nine games he played with Columbus, Comeau had two goals and three assists. The 33 games previous to that with Calgary saw him tally four goals and three assists. Safe to say things worked out pretty well for the 27 year-old in Ohio.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)