Jul 2, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Bergeron spoke about his injuries today and said he won’t need surgery for any of them. His separated shoulder apparently just needs to heal and his ribs and cartilage just need to not get abused by defenders to be repaired. He also says he should be ready for the start of training camp in September.
Are we sure he’s not made of titanium?
“You obviously don’t want to put your health in danger… No regrets on my part, I’ll tell you that,” he said.
As for how he got through Game 6? He took nerve blockers both before and during the game to stop the pain. That sounds like the kind of thing that will keep you from knowing you have a hole in your lung.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 16
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)