Jul 2, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Bergeron spoke about his injuries today and said he won’t need surgery for any of them. His separated shoulder apparently just needs to heal and his ribs and cartilage just need to not get abused by defenders to be repaired. He also says he should be ready for the start of training camp in September.
Are we sure he’s not made of titanium?
“You obviously don’t want to put your health in danger… No regrets on my part, I’ll tell you that,” he said.
As for how he got through Game 6? He took nerve blockers both before and during the game to stop the pain. That sounds like the kind of thing that will keep you from knowing you have a hole in your lung.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 69
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (92)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (72)