Jul 2, 2013, 12:57 PM EST
Ruslan Fedotenko is on his way to the KHL, according to player agent Allan Walsh.
Walsh took to Twitter on Tuesday afternoon, announcing that Fedotenko, 34, signed a three-year, $9 million deal with HC Donetsk in the KHL.
Fedotenko was set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5. He was at the end of a one-year deal with the Philadelphia Flyers worth $1.75 million (according to Capgeek.com).
In 47 regular season games with the Flyers this year, Fedotenko scored four goals and had 13 points.
Over the course of his NHL career, which began in 2000 with the Flyers, Fedotenko played in 863 regular season games, and scored 173 goals and 366 points.
He also won a Stanley Cup with the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2004. That post-season, he scored 12 goals in 22 games.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 10
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 25
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 6
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)