Jul 1, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
Now that it’s clear that the New York Rangers are sticking with Brad Richards, they’ll need to make other sacrifices. The Bergen Record reports that means the end of Ryane Clowe‘s short stay in the Big Apple, as the team is apparently attempting to trade his negotiating rights.
Clowe, 30, is days away from becoming an unrestricted free agent.
That fact might make it tough for the Rangers to squeeze anything out of this situation, but it’s worth noting that the power forward drew a ton of attention during the trade deadline.
After 28 games with San Jose without a goal (but 11 assists), the Rangers gave up a second-rounder for what was ultimately just a rental this season. Clowe played better for New York, yet he was limited to just 12 regular season and two playoff games.
One can debate whether that trade was worth it for the Rangers, but GM Glen Sather is hoping to try to get a little more out of the deal before July 5.
Jul 26, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Nathan Walker spent the 2013-14 campaign in the AHL.
Jul 25, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Vancouver took him with the sixth overall pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Jul 25, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
He signed with the AHL Oklahoma City Barons.
Jul 25, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
That wasn’t the case when he began his career.
Jul 25, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
He’s a restricted free agent, but might end up returning to Switzerland.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
In a way, she played a role in him working for the Canucks.
Jul 25, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
He lost the starting job to Jonathan Bernier last season.
Jul 25, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
He was taken with the fourth overall pick.
Jul 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Two-time Stanley Cup winner played last season with KHL club HC Donbass.
Jul 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
“I wish I had a really good answer — where this came from and why, and how it came about — but I don’t, to be honest.”
Jul 25, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
“We’re hoping the change of scenery is going to do him good.”
Jul 25, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
But not before having played his first NHL game since 2009-10.
Jul 25, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
“It’s a fairly simple one because Marc wants to be here,”
Jul 25, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
The 32nd overall pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Jul 25, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
He made his NHL debut with Washington last season.
Jul 25, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Jul 24, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
In other words, they want him to be a shutdown center
Jul 24, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
Eriksson’s looking to bounce back after suffering two concussions last season.
Jul 24, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
He’ll get a fresh start after struggling with Vancouver.
Jul 24, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
He’s coming back after testing the free agent waters.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 16
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)