Jul 1, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
Now that it’s clear that the New York Rangers are sticking with Brad Richards, they’ll need to make other sacrifices. The Bergen Record reports that means the end of Ryane Clowe‘s short stay in the Big Apple, as the team is apparently attempting to trade his negotiating rights.
Clowe, 30, is days away from becoming an unrestricted free agent.
That fact might make it tough for the Rangers to squeeze anything out of this situation, but it’s worth noting that the power forward drew a ton of attention during the trade deadline.
After 28 games with San Jose without a goal (but 11 assists), the Rangers gave up a second-rounder for what was ultimately just a rental this season. Clowe played better for New York, yet he was limited to just 12 regular season and two playoff games.
One can debate whether that trade was worth it for the Rangers, but GM Glen Sather is hoping to try to get a little more out of the deal before July 5.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Because once Voracek’s eight-year contract kicks in, they’ll be part of that list.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Former NHL stars are among the list of likely candidates.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Has Buffalo set itself up for an era of long playoff runs?
Jul 30, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
The deal is reportedly worth $5.6 million.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:11 PM EDT
At one point he was listed as the top European skater in the 2015 draft.
Jul 30, 2015, 5:52 PM EDT
The Flyers also have forwards Claude Giroux and Sean Couturier locked up.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:22 PM EDT
The 37-year-old still wants to continue his career.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Along with Yao Ming.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
“Nobody benefits from a short-term deal like this, in particular, our hockey department.”
Jul 30, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Vancouver wasting little time locking up the target of Tuesday’s trade.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Boston could use some depth on its back end.
Jul 30, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Hearing is scheduled for Friday at 9 a.m. ET.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Alleged incident involved a female victim.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
As opposed to just his skill.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The former general manager “wasn’t prepared to make the changes that needed to be made.”
Jul 30, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
Jul 29, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
He played in 502 games, primarily with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Jul 29, 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
The 24-year-old gives agreed to an entry-level deal.
Jul 29, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Will he live up to his next contract?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 0
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 51
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (54)