Jul 1, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
Now that it’s clear that the New York Rangers are sticking with Brad Richards, they’ll need to make other sacrifices. The Bergen Record reports that means the end of Ryane Clowe‘s short stay in the Big Apple, as the team is apparently attempting to trade his negotiating rights.
Clowe, 30, is days away from becoming an unrestricted free agent.
That fact might make it tough for the Rangers to squeeze anything out of this situation, but it’s worth noting that the power forward drew a ton of attention during the trade deadline.
After 28 games with San Jose without a goal (but 11 assists), the Rangers gave up a second-rounder for what was ultimately just a rental this season. Clowe played better for New York, yet he was limited to just 12 regular season and two playoff games.
One can debate whether that trade was worth it for the Rangers, but GM Glen Sather is hoping to try to get a little more out of the deal before July 5.
Apr 23, 2014, 2:17 AM EDT
They’ll be facing elimination on Thursday.
Apr 23, 2014, 1:25 AM EDT
Stunner at the Staples Center.
Apr 23, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
Impressive, but just his first marker of the series.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
Apr 22, 2014, 11:31 PM EDT
“They thrived on it.”
Apr 22, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
Some thought he was milking an injury and even holding the wrong knee.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:53 PM EDT
Flyers fans give it right back, though.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Get this: people will be talking about Flyers goaltending.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Not exactly a thing of beauty, but it counts…
Apr 22, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Kept him out of the entire opening round.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
Boston’s first win at Joe Louis Arena in seven years.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:03 PM EDT
Not the names you’d expect, huh?
Apr 22, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Tampa Bay hits a wall called Montreal.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Another blowout coming?
Apr 22, 2014, 9:03 PM EDT
And creates a little bit of controversy in the process.
Apr 22, 2014, 8:41 PM EDT
Could this be his last appearance with Tampa Bay?
Apr 22, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Also: Capitals Winter Classic and Islanders ownership talk.
Apr 22, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
Steve Mason backs up Ray Emery for Philly.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
Who can take a 2-1 lead?
Apr 22, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
At least there wasn’t a school bus involved with this comparison.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)