Jul 1, 2013, 7:52 PM EDT
After all, it was Luongo who asked to be traded and instead sees his friend and former pupil head off to Newark instead of seeing himself sent to a new address. Luckily for us, there’s Twitter to help send a brief message.
In Luongo’s case, his message was of support for Schneider who is headed for a new chapter in his own career.
Crazy to think that Schneider goes from battling with Luongo for time in net to doing the same with certain first-ballot Hall of Famer Martin Brodeur. While Luongo said he was “shocked” by the deal (and understandably so), this makes for a true feel-good moment out this surprising draft-day development.
- In praise of John Tavares 3
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 12
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31