Jul 1, 2013, 7:52 PM EST
After all, it was Luongo who asked to be traded and instead sees his friend and former pupil head off to Newark instead of seeing himself sent to a new address. Luckily for us, there’s Twitter to help send a brief message.
In Luongo’s case, his message was of support for Schneider who is headed for a new chapter in his own career.
Crazy to think that Schneider goes from battling with Luongo for time in net to doing the same with certain first-ballot Hall of Famer Martin Brodeur. While Luongo said he was “shocked” by the deal (and understandably so), this makes for a true feel-good moment out this surprising draft-day development.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)