Jul 1, 2013, 7:52 PM EST
After all, it was Luongo who asked to be traded and instead sees his friend and former pupil head off to Newark instead of seeing himself sent to a new address. Luckily for us, there’s Twitter to help send a brief message.
In Luongo’s case, his message was of support for Schneider who is headed for a new chapter in his own career.
Crazy to think that Schneider goes from battling with Luongo for time in net to doing the same with certain first-ballot Hall of Famer Martin Brodeur. While Luongo said he was “shocked” by the deal (and understandably so), this makes for a true feel-good moment out this surprising draft-day development.
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 12
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 7
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 16
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 13
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)