Jul 1, 2013, 7:52 PM EDT
After all, it was Luongo who asked to be traded and instead sees his friend and former pupil head off to Newark instead of seeing himself sent to a new address. Luckily for us, there’s Twitter to help send a brief message.
In Luongo’s case, his message was of support for Schneider who is headed for a new chapter in his own career.
Crazy to think that Schneider goes from battling with Luongo for time in net to doing the same with certain first-ballot Hall of Famer Martin Brodeur. While Luongo said he was “shocked” by the deal (and understandably so), this makes for a true feel-good moment out this surprising draft-day development.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 9
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)