Jul 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning extended qualifying offers to three players while letting three others hit the unrestricted free agent market on Monday.
Players who were qualified
Mark Barberio (pictured)
Players who were not qualified
Pouliot, 26, stands out because he was the fourth pick of the 2005 NHL Draft by Minnesota. Barberio played two games for Tampa Bay last season, Brown played five for the Bolts in 2011-12 and Sexton was a fairly regular fixture with the Anaheim Ducks before being traded.
The deadline for NHL teams to qualify players is Tuesday, so expect quite a few of these announcements (with plenty of depth players becoming free agents).
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63