Jul 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning extended qualifying offers to three players while letting three others hit the unrestricted free agent market on Monday.
Players who were qualified
Mark Barberio (pictured)
Players who were not qualified
Pouliot, 26, stands out because he was the fourth pick of the 2005 NHL Draft by Minnesota. Barberio played two games for Tampa Bay last season, Brown played five for the Bolts in 2011-12 and Sexton was a fairly regular fixture with the Anaheim Ducks before being traded.
The deadline for NHL teams to qualify players is Tuesday, so expect quite a few of these announcements (with plenty of depth players becoming free agents).
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 3
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 1
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 59
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 26
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (59)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)