Jul 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning extended qualifying offers to three players while letting three others hit the unrestricted free agent market on Monday.
Players who were qualified
Mark Barberio (pictured)
Players who were not qualified
Pouliot, 26, stands out because he was the fourth pick of the 2005 NHL Draft by Minnesota. Barberio played two games for Tampa Bay last season, Brown played five for the Bolts in 2011-12 and Sexton was a fairly regular fixture with the Anaheim Ducks before being traded.
The deadline for NHL teams to qualify players is Tuesday, so expect quite a few of these announcements (with plenty of depth players becoming free agents).
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 5
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 2
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 27
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 32
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)