Jul 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning extended qualifying offers to three players while letting three others hit the unrestricted free agent market on Monday.
Players who were qualified
Mark Barberio (pictured)
Players who were not qualified
Pouliot, 26, stands out because he was the fourth pick of the 2005 NHL Draft by Minnesota. Barberio played two games for Tampa Bay last season, Brown played five for the Bolts in 2011-12 and Sexton was a fairly regular fixture with the Anaheim Ducks before being traded.
The deadline for NHL teams to qualify players is Tuesday, so expect quite a few of these announcements (with plenty of depth players becoming free agents).
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 32
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3