Jul 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning extended qualifying offers to three players while letting three others hit the unrestricted free agent market on Monday.
Players who were qualified
Mark Barberio (pictured)
Players who were not qualified
Pouliot, 26, stands out because he was the fourth pick of the 2005 NHL Draft by Minnesota. Barberio played two games for Tampa Bay last season, Brown played five for the Bolts in 2011-12 and Sexton was a fairly regular fixture with the Anaheim Ducks before being traded.
The deadline for NHL teams to qualify players is Tuesday, so expect quite a few of these announcements (with plenty of depth players becoming free agents).
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 5
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 18
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)