Jul 1, 2013, 5:49 PM EST
It seems as if Vincent Lecavalier‘s name has been connected to the Montreal Canadiens for about as long as many people felt like he was making too much money. That association sprouted to mind following Lecavalier’s buyout, but rumor generators can feel empowered, as Habs GM Marc Bergevin admitted to NHL.com that the team is eyeing him.
The prankster-turned-exec provided an interesting take on the 1-to-10 scale.
“From 1 to 10?” Bergevin said when asked to describe the Canadiens’ interest in Lecavalier. “Pretty high.”
Someone asked if that “meant an eight,” prompting Bergevin to repond, “Safe to say. At least.”
Bergevin touted the 33-year-old’s size above all else.
Naturally, it all comes down to the price being right, but many people would be happy if Lecavalier ended up in Montreal.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46