Jul 1, 2013, 5:49 PM EDT
It seems as if Vincent Lecavalier‘s name has been connected to the Montreal Canadiens for about as long as many people felt like he was making too much money. That association sprouted to mind following Lecavalier’s buyout, but rumor generators can feel empowered, as Habs GM Marc Bergevin admitted to NHL.com that the team is eyeing him.
The prankster-turned-exec provided an interesting take on the 1-to-10 scale.
“From 1 to 10?” Bergevin said when asked to describe the Canadiens’ interest in Lecavalier. “Pretty high.”
Someone asked if that “meant an eight,” prompting Bergevin to repond, “Safe to say. At least.”
Bergevin touted the 33-year-old’s size above all else.
Naturally, it all comes down to the price being right, but many people would be happy if Lecavalier ended up in Montreal.
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 4
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 12
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12