Jul 1, 2013, 5:49 PM EDT
It seems as if Vincent Lecavalier‘s name has been connected to the Montreal Canadiens for about as long as many people felt like he was making too much money. That association sprouted to mind following Lecavalier’s buyout, but rumor generators can feel empowered, as Habs GM Marc Bergevin admitted to NHL.com that the team is eyeing him.
The prankster-turned-exec provided an interesting take on the 1-to-10 scale.
“From 1 to 10?” Bergevin said when asked to describe the Canadiens’ interest in Lecavalier. “Pretty high.”
Someone asked if that “meant an eight,” prompting Bergevin to repond, “Safe to say. At least.”
Bergevin touted the 33-year-old’s size above all else.
Naturally, it all comes down to the price being right, but many people would be happy if Lecavalier ended up in Montreal.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4