Jul 1, 2013, 5:49 PM EST
It seems as if Vincent Lecavalier‘s name has been connected to the Montreal Canadiens for about as long as many people felt like he was making too much money. That association sprouted to mind following Lecavalier’s buyout, but rumor generators can feel empowered, as Habs GM Marc Bergevin admitted to NHL.com that the team is eyeing him.
The prankster-turned-exec provided an interesting take on the 1-to-10 scale.
“From 1 to 10?” Bergevin said when asked to describe the Canadiens’ interest in Lecavalier. “Pretty high.”
Someone asked if that “meant an eight,” prompting Bergevin to repond, “Safe to say. At least.”
Bergevin touted the 33-year-old’s size above all else.
Naturally, it all comes down to the price being right, but many people would be happy if Lecavalier ended up in Montreal.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)