Jul 1, 2013, 10:39 PM EST
The Flyers are hoping to keep one familiar face around next season.
“We’ve had a couple of conversations with his agent, and we will continue to talk,” GM Paul Holmgren said on Monday. “We have interest in bringing him back, but limited cap space.”
Philadelphia re-acquired Gagne last season from the Los Angeles Kings and in 27 games with the Flyers he scored five goals and had six assists. At 33 years-old he’s not the dynamic scorer he once was in Philly, but he was useful in a depth role last season and picked up his game from how his time with the Kings ended.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 20
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 9
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 12
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 9
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4