Jul 1, 2013, 10:39 PM EDT
The Flyers are hoping to keep one familiar face around next season.
“We’ve had a couple of conversations with his agent, and we will continue to talk,” GM Paul Holmgren said on Monday. “We have interest in bringing him back, but limited cap space.”
Philadelphia re-acquired Gagne last season from the Los Angeles Kings and in 27 games with the Flyers he scored five goals and had six assists. At 33 years-old he’s not the dynamic scorer he once was in Philly, but he was useful in a depth role last season and picked up his game from how his time with the Kings ended.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 61
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63