Jul 1, 2013, 10:39 PM EDT
The Flyers are hoping to keep one familiar face around next season.
“We’ve had a couple of conversations with his agent, and we will continue to talk,” GM Paul Holmgren said on Monday. “We have interest in bringing him back, but limited cap space.”
Philadelphia re-acquired Gagne last season from the Los Angeles Kings and in 27 games with the Flyers he scored five goals and had six assists. At 33 years-old he’s not the dynamic scorer he once was in Philly, but he was useful in a depth role last season and picked up his game from how his time with the Kings ended.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11