Jul 1, 2013, 10:39 PM EST
The Flyers are hoping to keep one familiar face around next season.
“We’ve had a couple of conversations with his agent, and we will continue to talk,” GM Paul Holmgren said on Monday. “We have interest in bringing him back, but limited cap space.”
Philadelphia re-acquired Gagne last season from the Los Angeles Kings and in 27 games with the Flyers he scored five goals and had six assists. At 33 years-old he’s not the dynamic scorer he once was in Philly, but he was useful in a depth role last season and picked up his game from how his time with the Kings ended.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 40
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32