Jul 1, 2013, 8:36 PM EST
While New Jersey debates bringing back David Clarkson, they’re helping make sure some of their better depth doesn’t go away.
Harrold was set to become an unrestricted free agent but now he’ll continue to serve as a faithful bottom-pair defenseman and occasional forward for coach Peter DeBoer. That now leaves Marek Zidlicky as the only potential free agent defenseman the Devils have left to try and retain.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54