Jul 1, 2013, 7:37 PM EDT
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports that barring a drastic change of direction, Clarkson is headed to free agency on July 5. Devils GM Lou Lamoriello didn’t sound very positive about re-signing the power forward when asked if it’ll happen.
“David, I don’t know at this point. We’ll certainly talk and I’ll leave it at that,” Lamoriello said.
Clarkson could be in the market for a sizable raise given the dearth of goal-scoring power forwards out there. While Nathan Horton will garner plenty of attention, Clarkson’s ability to both be a garbage man in front of the net and handle himself in a fight might appeal to more than a few teams (Toronto? Calgary? Detroit? Spitballin’ here gang.)
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39