Jun 30, 2013, 6:32 PM EDT
Buffalo and Carolina decided to swap their struggling defenders.
McBain struggled last season with Carolina and found himself the focus of many trade rumors at the deadline. He finished last season with just one goal and seven assists in 40 games.
Sekera was caught in a bit of a numbers game in Buffalo. He wound up with better numbers than McBain (two goals, 10 assists) but dealt with injuries. Both players will get a fresh start in a new city and a chance to prove themselves worthy in new situations.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)