Jun 30, 2013, 6:32 PM EDT
Buffalo and Carolina decided to swap their struggling defenders.
McBain struggled last season with Carolina and found himself the focus of many trade rumors at the deadline. He finished last season with just one goal and seven assists in 40 games.
Sekera was caught in a bit of a numbers game in Buffalo. He wound up with better numbers than McBain (two goals, 10 assists) but dealt with injuries. Both players will get a fresh start in a new city and a chance to prove themselves worthy in new situations.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 11
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 56
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8