Jun 30, 2013, 6:32 PM EDT
Buffalo and Carolina decided to swap their struggling defenders.
McBain struggled last season with Carolina and found himself the focus of many trade rumors at the deadline. He finished last season with just one goal and seven assists in 40 games.
Sekera was caught in a bit of a numbers game in Buffalo. He wound up with better numbers than McBain (two goals, 10 assists) but dealt with injuries. Both players will get a fresh start in a new city and a chance to prove themselves worthy in new situations.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)