Jun 30, 2013, 8:41 PM EDT
For the second straight year, a Subban brother has been selected at the NHL Entry Draft.
On Sunday, Vancouver selected Jordan Subban – younger brother of Montreal’s P.K. and Boston’s Malcolm — with its fourth-round selection, 115th overall.
Last year, the Bruins took Malcolm in the first round, 24th overall.
P.K., who captured the Norris Trophy this year as the league’s top defenseman, says Jordan — also a blueliner — could be the best of the three Subbans.
“Jordan plays more of a cerebral type of game and is more of a thinker and I play off my instincts and try to do a little bit of everything,” P.K. told NHL.com. “I think Jordan’s skill level is much higher than mine.”
Jordan, who spent last season with OHL Belleville, finished sixth among Ontario League defensemen with a career-high 51 points (15 goals, 36 assists) last year. He had five goals and 20 points as a rookie in 2011-12.
If his older brother’s assessment is correct, the Canucks might’ve nabbed themselves a draft-day steal.
“[Jordan] kind of wants to do more than what I’ve achieved, so he’s a special individual and a lot different than I am,” P.K. said. “He will be an amazing player, and I think that a lot of people might look past him, but they’re going to be surprised in the near future how good he is.”
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 30
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)