Jun 30, 2013, 8:41 PM EDT
For the second straight year, a Subban brother has been selected at the NHL Entry Draft.
On Sunday, Vancouver selected Jordan Subban – younger brother of Montreal’s P.K. and Boston’s Malcolm — with its fourth-round selection, 115th overall.
Last year, the Bruins took Malcolm in the first round, 24th overall.
P.K., who captured the Norris Trophy this year as the league’s top defenseman, says Jordan — also a blueliner — could be the best of the three Subbans.
“Jordan plays more of a cerebral type of game and is more of a thinker and I play off my instincts and try to do a little bit of everything,” P.K. told NHL.com. “I think Jordan’s skill level is much higher than mine.”
Jordan, who spent last season with OHL Belleville, finished sixth among Ontario League defensemen with a career-high 51 points (15 goals, 36 assists) last year. He had five goals and 20 points as a rookie in 2011-12.
If his older brother’s assessment is correct, the Canucks might’ve nabbed themselves a draft-day steal.
“[Jordan] kind of wants to do more than what I’ve achieved, so he’s a special individual and a lot different than I am,” P.K. said. “He will be an amazing player, and I think that a lot of people might look past him, but they’re going to be surprised in the near future how good he is.”
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 6
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 28
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)