Jun 30, 2013, 8:41 PM EDT
For the second straight year, a Subban brother has been selected at the NHL Entry Draft.
On Sunday, Vancouver selected Jordan Subban – younger brother of Montreal’s P.K. and Boston’s Malcolm — with its fourth-round selection, 115th overall.
Last year, the Bruins took Malcolm in the first round, 24th overall.
P.K., who captured the Norris Trophy this year as the league’s top defenseman, says Jordan — also a blueliner — could be the best of the three Subbans.
“Jordan plays more of a cerebral type of game and is more of a thinker and I play off my instincts and try to do a little bit of everything,” P.K. told NHL.com. “I think Jordan’s skill level is much higher than mine.”
Jordan, who spent last season with OHL Belleville, finished sixth among Ontario League defensemen with a career-high 51 points (15 goals, 36 assists) last year. He had five goals and 20 points as a rookie in 2011-12.
If his older brother’s assessment is correct, the Canucks might’ve nabbed themselves a draft-day steal.
“[Jordan] kind of wants to do more than what I’ve achieved, so he’s a special individual and a lot different than I am,” P.K. said. “He will be an amazing player, and I think that a lot of people might look past him, but they’re going to be surprised in the near future how good he is.”
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)