Jun 30, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
And with the selection of Swedish defenseman Robin Press by the Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks, the 2013 NHL Entry Draft came to a close.
In all, 211 players were selected Sunday at the Prudential Center. Nathan MacKinnon went first overall to Colorado. Seth Jones fell to fourth and was chosen by Nashville. Cory Schneider, not Roberto Luongo, was traded by Vancouver.
Yes, as expected, it was a busy day. But many dominoes are still to fall in the coming days. Compliance buyouts will be announced. As will more trades (probably). And, of course, free agency starts July 5.
We’ll have it all on PHT.
On behalf of Marc Bergevin’s suit jacket, good night from Newark.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 0
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 17
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 23
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6