Jun 30, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
And with the selection of Swedish defenseman Robin Press by the Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks, the 2013 NHL Entry Draft came to a close.
In all, 211 players were selected Sunday at the Prudential Center. Nathan MacKinnon went first overall to Colorado. Seth Jones fell to fourth and was chosen by Nashville. Cory Schneider, not Roberto Luongo, was traded by Vancouver.
Yes, as expected, it was a busy day. But many dominoes are still to fall in the coming days. Compliance buyouts will be announced. As will more trades (probably). And, of course, free agency starts July 5.
We’ll have it all on PHT.
On behalf of Marc Bergevin’s suit jacket, good night from Newark.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 8
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 7
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 93
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)