Jun 30, 2013, 10:14 PM EST
And with the selection of Swedish defenseman Robin Press by the Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks, the 2013 NHL Entry Draft came to a close.
In all, 211 players were selected Sunday at the Prudential Center. Nathan MacKinnon went first overall to Colorado. Seth Jones fell to fourth and was chosen by Nashville. Cory Schneider, not Roberto Luongo, was traded by Vancouver.
Yes, as expected, it was a busy day. But many dominoes are still to fall in the coming days. Compliance buyouts will be announced. As will more trades (probably). And, of course, free agency starts July 5.
We’ll have it all on PHT.
On behalf of Marc Bergevin’s suit jacket, good night from Newark.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 51
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (51)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)