Jun 30, 2013, 10:14 PM EST
And with the selection of Swedish defenseman Robin Press by the Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks, the 2013 NHL Entry Draft came to a close.
In all, 211 players were selected Sunday at the Prudential Center. Nathan MacKinnon went first overall to Colorado. Seth Jones fell to fourth and was chosen by Nashville. Cory Schneider, not Roberto Luongo, was traded by Vancouver.
Yes, as expected, it was a busy day. But many dominoes are still to fall in the coming days. Compliance buyouts will be announced. As will more trades (probably). And, of course, free agency starts July 5.
We’ll have it all on PHT.
On behalf of Marc Bergevin’s suit jacket, good night from Newark.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 25
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)