Jun 30, 2013, 10:14 PM EST
And with the selection of Swedish defenseman Robin Press by the Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks, the 2013 NHL Entry Draft came to a close.
In all, 211 players were selected Sunday at the Prudential Center. Nathan MacKinnon went first overall to Colorado. Seth Jones fell to fourth and was chosen by Nashville. Cory Schneider, not Roberto Luongo, was traded by Vancouver.
Yes, as expected, it was a busy day. But many dominoes are still to fall in the coming days. Compliance buyouts will be announced. As will more trades (probably). And, of course, free agency starts July 5.
We’ll have it all on PHT.
On behalf of Marc Bergevin’s suit jacket, good night from Newark.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)