Jun 30, 2013, 9:12 AM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins GM Ray Shero insists that he’s still trying to sign defenseman Kris Letang to a contract extension, although some believe that a scheduled Saturday discussion with Letang’s agent Kent Hughes was a make-or-break affair. The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Rob Rossi indicates that some positives came from that meeting.
It doesn’t sound like anything was made or broken, however.
Rossi described the session as a “step forward,” though it’s anyone’s guess if the two sides will ultimately fall a stride or two short of a new deal.
Even so, the Penguins have a better idea of what they need to do to retain the star blueliner, Rossi reports.
— Rob Rossi (@RobRossi_Trib) June 30, 2013
Does that mean that Penguins fans can safely assume the 26-year-old won’t move during draft time, a period that often produces trades that overshadow the picks themselves? That much remains to be seen.
Mar 15, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
He could play Sunday against Detroit.
Mar 15, 2014, 12:22 AM EDT
Everyone else more or less lost or was inactive.
Mar 14, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
The two teams combined for nine goals in the second period.
Mar 14, 2014, 10:56 PM EDT
Rangers buy some breathing room via Carl Hagelin’s hat trick.
Mar 14, 2014, 10:28 PM EDT
A showdown between former Canucks goalies goes badly for NJ.
Mar 14, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Not that they’re without problems.
Mar 14, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Good news for a team giving up a lot of shots.
Mar 14, 2014, 9:23 PM EDT
He’s questionable to return with an undisclosed injury.
Mar 14, 2014, 9:07 PM EDT
Beauty of a pass to Tom Wilson.
Mar 14, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
On the left side, though.
Mar 14, 2014, 8:22 PM EDT
The player also responds.
Mar 14, 2014, 8:04 PM EDT
He hasn’t been taken out of an induced coma.
Mar 14, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Both are inked with the team for three more years.
Mar 14, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
He was their third first-rounder (27th overall) from 2013.
Mar 14, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
Anton Lander slides into his center spot vs. Detroit.
Mar 14, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
“Obviously I would have loved to save 10 grand, but it was part of it.”
Mar 14, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
Specifically, playing right wing instead of left.
Mar 14, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
Yep, another Penguins-Flyers series is a possibility.
Mar 14, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Mar 14, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Lots going on here.
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 3
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 28
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 56
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 21
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 12
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Cooke to play 1,000th game tomorrow (56)