Jun 30, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
Next year’s NHL Draft will make its home in the city of brotherly love.
The NHL announced the 2014 NHL Draft will take place in Philadelphia at Wells Fargo Center on June 27 and 28. This marks the first time the draft will take place in Philly and, obviously, the first time at the arena. With this year’s draft taking place in Newark, NJ the event moves essentially down the road to Eastern Pennsylvania.
The draft returns to being a two-day affair next season thanks to the new CBA being agreed to. This year’s even was forced to all occur in one day thanks to the lockout that wiped out half the season. The tightened schedule forced all seven rounds to happen on one day.
Next year’s event will kick off with the first-round taking place Friday night the 27th with rounds 2-7 happening Saturday afternoon on the 28th.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5