Jun 30, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
Next year’s NHL Draft will make its home in the city of brotherly love.
The NHL announced the 2014 NHL Draft will take place in Philadelphia at Wells Fargo Center on June 27 and 28. This marks the first time the draft will take place in Philly and, obviously, the first time at the arena. With this year’s draft taking place in Newark, NJ the event moves essentially down the road to Eastern Pennsylvania.
The draft returns to being a two-day affair next season thanks to the new CBA being agreed to. This year’s even was forced to all occur in one day thanks to the lockout that wiped out half the season. The tightened schedule forced all seven rounds to happen on one day.
Next year’s event will kick off with the first-round taking place Friday night the 27th with rounds 2-7 happening Saturday afternoon on the 28th.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)