Jun 30, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
Next year’s NHL Draft will make its home in the city of brotherly love.
The NHL announced the 2014 NHL Draft will take place in Philadelphia at Wells Fargo Center on June 27 and 28. This marks the first time the draft will take place in Philly and, obviously, the first time at the arena. With this year’s draft taking place in Newark, NJ the event moves essentially down the road to Eastern Pennsylvania.
The draft returns to being a two-day affair next season thanks to the new CBA being agreed to. This year’s even was forced to all occur in one day thanks to the lockout that wiped out half the season. The tightened schedule forced all seven rounds to happen on one day.
Next year’s event will kick off with the first-round taking place Friday night the 27th with rounds 2-7 happening Saturday afternoon on the 28th.
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 3
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 15
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 11
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 69
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 49
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (85)