Jun 30, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
Next year’s NHL Draft will make its home in the city of brotherly love.
The NHL announced the 2014 NHL Draft will take place in Philadelphia at Wells Fargo Center on June 27 and 28. This marks the first time the draft will take place in Philly and, obviously, the first time at the arena. With this year’s draft taking place in Newark, NJ the event moves essentially down the road to Eastern Pennsylvania.
The draft returns to being a two-day affair next season thanks to the new CBA being agreed to. This year’s even was forced to all occur in one day thanks to the lockout that wiped out half the season. The tightened schedule forced all seven rounds to happen on one day.
Next year’s event will kick off with the first-round taking place Friday night the 27th with rounds 2-7 happening Saturday afternoon on the 28th.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)