Jun 30, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
Next year’s NHL Draft will make its home in the city of brotherly love.
The NHL announced the 2014 NHL Draft will take place in Philadelphia at Wells Fargo Center on June 27 and 28. This marks the first time the draft will take place in Philly and, obviously, the first time at the arena. With this year’s draft taking place in Newark, NJ the event moves essentially down the road to Eastern Pennsylvania.
The draft returns to being a two-day affair next season thanks to the new CBA being agreed to. This year’s even was forced to all occur in one day thanks to the lockout that wiped out half the season. The tightened schedule forced all seven rounds to happen on one day.
Next year’s event will kick off with the first-round taking place Friday night the 27th with rounds 2-7 happening Saturday afternoon on the 28th.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)