Jun 30, 2013, 3:33 PM EST
Many of the rumors surrounding Carolina’s day at the draft surrounded them moving the fifth overall selection. Turns out they were happy to stay where they were.
The Hurricanes picked Swedish center Elias Lindholm with the fifth pick and he comes with some solid hype to his game. With Brynas in the Swedish Elite League, he netted 11 goals and 19 assists in 48 games as an 18 year-old.
One comparison Lindholm was getting early on was with Peter Forsberg. If he pans out like that, fans in Carolina are going to be very happy.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 13
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 30
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)