Jun 30, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Many of the rumors surrounding Carolina’s day at the draft surrounded them moving the fifth overall selection. Turns out they were happy to stay where they were.
The Hurricanes picked Swedish center Elias Lindholm with the fifth pick and he comes with some solid hype to his game. With Brynas in the Swedish Elite League, he netted 11 goals and 19 assists in 48 games as an 18 year-old.
One comparison Lindholm was getting early on was with Peter Forsberg. If he pans out like that, fans in Carolina are going to be very happy.
- Canes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 0
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)