Jun 30, 2013, 3:33 PM EST
Many of the rumors surrounding Carolina’s day at the draft surrounded them moving the fifth overall selection. Turns out they were happy to stay where they were.
The Hurricanes picked Swedish center Elias Lindholm with the fifth pick and he comes with some solid hype to his game. With Brynas in the Swedish Elite League, he netted 11 goals and 19 assists in 48 games as an 18 year-old.
One comparison Lindholm was getting early on was with Peter Forsberg. If he pans out like that, fans in Carolina are going to be very happy.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 28
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 67
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)