Jun 30, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Many of the rumors surrounding Carolina’s day at the draft surrounded them moving the fifth overall selection. Turns out they were happy to stay where they were.
The Hurricanes picked Swedish center Elias Lindholm with the fifth pick and he comes with some solid hype to his game. With Brynas in the Swedish Elite League, he netted 11 goals and 19 assists in 48 games as an 18 year-old.
One comparison Lindholm was getting early on was with Peter Forsberg. If he pans out like that, fans in Carolina are going to be very happy.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)