Jun 30, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Many of the rumors surrounding Carolina’s day at the draft surrounded them moving the fifth overall selection. Turns out they were happy to stay where they were.
The Hurricanes picked Swedish center Elias Lindholm with the fifth pick and he comes with some solid hype to his game. With Brynas in the Swedish Elite League, he netted 11 goals and 19 assists in 48 games as an 18 year-old.
One comparison Lindholm was getting early on was with Peter Forsberg. If he pans out like that, fans in Carolina are going to be very happy.
- Devils re-sign Greene to long-term pact 0
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 35
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 46
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (46)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)