Jun 30, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports it’s a $16 million deal, with an average annual cap hit of $4 million. That’s a sizeable raise for Bickell, who was making a modest $541,666 per year on his old deal.
The 27-year-old winger had a breakthrough playoff performance en route to the Stanley Cup, in which he scored 17 points in 23 games — including nine goals — emerging as the big-body, net-front presence the club lacked since Dustin Byfuglien filled it during the 2010 Stanley Cup run.
That came on the heels of a successful 2013 regular season, in which he had 23 points in 48 games while averaging close to 13 minutes per game.
Bickell had indicated his desire to stay in Chicago, hinting that he’d be willing to take a hometown discount to remain in the Windy City. He was originally selected by the ‘Hawks at the 2004 NHL Entry Draft and has spent all six of his professional seasons with the team.
According to LeBrun, Bickell will receive a $1 million bonus plus $2 million in salary for next season, then $4 million in 2014-15, then $4.5 million in each of last two years of the deal.
Should be noted that Chicago shed approximately $5.7 million in salary today with the Bolland and Frolik deals.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Hasn’t played since Feb. 24.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
Terriers move one step closer to the Frozen Four.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
“In the middle of the ice in our system, it’s a lot of work.”
Mar 27, 2015, 4:34 PM EDT
And, quite possibly, for the remainder of the season.
Mar 27, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
Nail-biting time for Bruins fans.
Mar 27, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
Joins Pavel Datsyuk and Erik Cole on the shelf.
Mar 27, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
Mar 27, 2015, 2:23 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 27, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
26-15-5 in their last 46 games.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
Washington sophomore now $2,000 lighter in the pocket.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
Vancouver laid another egg last night versus the Avs.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:29 PM EDT
Because things aren’t trending in a good direction for him.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:59 AM EDT
Three straight road wins has the Kings looking postseason-bound.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:12 AM EDT
“We’re on the course that we set two months ago when we made the decision that Ells was going to be the guy, and we’re not changing that course.”
Mar 27, 2015, 10:55 AM EDT
Red Wings host the Sharks tomorrow.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
Russian sophomore has missed nearly the entire season with a hip ailment.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
He’s been assigned to Hershey on a conditioning assignment.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
Changes to the bylaws allow the Philly defenseman to be inducted.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:50 AM EDT
The group is nearing its goal of securing 10,000 season ticket deposits.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 3
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)