Jun 30, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports it’s a $16 million deal, with an average annual cap hit of $4 million. That’s a sizeable raise for Bickell, who was making a modest $541,666 per year on his old deal.
The 27-year-old winger had a breakthrough playoff performance en route to the Stanley Cup, in which he scored 17 points in 23 games — including nine goals — emerging as the big-body, net-front presence the club lacked since Dustin Byfuglien filled it during the 2010 Stanley Cup run.
That came on the heels of a successful 2013 regular season, in which he had 23 points in 48 games while averaging close to 13 minutes per game.
Bickell had indicated his desire to stay in Chicago, hinting that he’d be willing to take a hometown discount to remain in the Windy City. He was originally selected by the ‘Hawks at the 2004 NHL Entry Draft and has spent all six of his professional seasons with the team.
According to LeBrun, Bickell will receive a $1 million bonus plus $2 million in salary for next season, then $4 million in 2014-15, then $4.5 million in each of last two years of the deal.
Should be noted that Chicago shed approximately $5.7 million in salary today with the Bolland and Frolik deals.
Apr 18, 2014, 2:27 AM EDT
But it’s one game.
Apr 18, 2014, 1:37 AM EDT
Apr 18, 2014, 1:21 AM EDT
Things got interesting in the third period.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:53 AM EDT
Apr 18, 2014, 12:46 AM EDT
Yeah, not a good night for him.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:46 AM EDT
This game may take a lot out of both teams.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:41 AM EDT
Colorado erases two-goal deficit to send it to extra time.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
It at least seems like Jonathan Toews is shaking off bumps and bruises.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
That was fast.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:36 PM EDT
He had a big night.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
These teams don’t like each other.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:58 PM EDT
The Blues forward is usually the aggressor.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
Opting to go with Mike Brown instead.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
He’ll remember that one.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Battle of California.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
Stating the obvious.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:58 PM EDT
Could this be a key one?
Apr 17, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
A cap hit of $7.5 million this season.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Carl Hagelin’s face haunts Philly in Game 1.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:26 PM EDT
Did you hear Patrick Roy’s playing career ended against the Wild?
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39