Jun 30, 2013, 10:11 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils turned the 2013 draft into a family affair.
With the 208th pick overall in the seventh-round, Martin Brodeur announced the team’s selection and it was a player he knows very well: His son Anthony.
Anthony Brodeur is a goalie out of Shattuck St. Mary’s prep school in Minnesota. Getting picked by the Devils and with his old man there to announce the honor made for a special moment. Even better still? The Devils traded into the seventh-round to pick him.
The reaction around the Twittersphere was very positive.
The 5’11”, 177-pound netminder is headed to the QMJHL next season to play for Gatineau.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)