Jun 30, 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils turned the 2013 draft into a family affair.
With the 208th pick overall in the seventh-round, Martin Brodeur announced the team’s selection and it was a player he knows very well: His son Anthony.
Anthony Brodeur is a goalie out of Shattuck St. Mary’s prep school in Minnesota. Getting picked by the Devils and with his old man there to announce the honor made for a special moment. Even better still? The Devils traded into the seventh-round to pick him.
The reaction around the Twittersphere was very positive.
The 5’11”, 177-pound netminder is headed to the QMJHL next season to play for Gatineau.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 7
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 34
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 147
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (147)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)