Jun 30, 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils turned the 2013 draft into a family affair.
With the 208th pick overall in the seventh-round, Martin Brodeur announced the team’s selection and it was a player he knows very well: His son Anthony.
Anthony Brodeur is a goalie out of Shattuck St. Mary’s prep school in Minnesota. Getting picked by the Devils and with his old man there to announce the honor made for a special moment. Even better still? The Devils traded into the seventh-round to pick him.
The reaction around the Twittersphere was very positive.
The 5’11”, 177-pound netminder is headed to the QMJHL next season to play for Gatineau.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)