Jun 30, 2013, 3:01 PM EST
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli has confirmed that he’s taken calls about 21-year-old forward Tyler Seguin; however, it’s not clear if a trade is imminent or Chiarelli is just testing the market.
“We’ve been taking some calls on Tyler, and I let his agent (Ian Pulver) know that yesterday,” said Chiarelli, per CSN New England. Look, I’ve got a lot of balls in the air including negotiations, and that stuff is going to leak out.
“When it leaked out that we were talking calls on Seguin, then we got a deluge of calls. It’s the power of Twitter, I guess. Then when [Nathan Horton] said he wasn’t coming back, they stopped. Self-correcting, I guess.”
Late last night, rumors started flying that the B’s were working on a deal with Calgary that would involve the Flames’ sixth overall pick. That speculation is still out there, so stay tuned to see if anything comes of it.
- Thomas forced into Stars debut after Wild’s Haula bloodies Lehtonen 0
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 5
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 9
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)