Jun 30, 2013, 3:01 PM EDT
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli has confirmed that he’s taken calls about 21-year-old forward Tyler Seguin; however, it’s not clear if a trade is imminent or Chiarelli is just testing the market.
“We’ve been taking some calls on Tyler, and I let his agent (Ian Pulver) know that yesterday,” said Chiarelli, per CSN New England. Look, I’ve got a lot of balls in the air including negotiations, and that stuff is going to leak out.
“When it leaked out that we were talking calls on Seguin, then we got a deluge of calls. It’s the power of Twitter, I guess. Then when [Nathan Horton] said he wasn’t coming back, they stopped. Self-correcting, I guess.”
Late last night, rumors started flying that the B’s were working on a deal with Calgary that would involve the Flames’ sixth overall pick. That speculation is still out there, so stay tuned to see if anything comes of it.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 50
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50