Jun 30, 2013, 3:01 PM EST
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli has confirmed that he’s taken calls about 21-year-old forward Tyler Seguin; however, it’s not clear if a trade is imminent or Chiarelli is just testing the market.
“We’ve been taking some calls on Tyler, and I let his agent (Ian Pulver) know that yesterday,” said Chiarelli, per CSN New England. Look, I’ve got a lot of balls in the air including negotiations, and that stuff is going to leak out.
“When it leaked out that we were talking calls on Seguin, then we got a deluge of calls. It’s the power of Twitter, I guess. Then when [Nathan Horton] said he wasn’t coming back, they stopped. Self-correcting, I guess.”
Late last night, rumors started flying that the B’s were working on a deal with Calgary that would involve the Flames’ sixth overall pick. That speculation is still out there, so stay tuned to see if anything comes of it.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 20
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)