Jun 30, 2013, 3:01 PM EDT
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli has confirmed that he’s taken calls about 21-year-old forward Tyler Seguin; however, it’s not clear if a trade is imminent or Chiarelli is just testing the market.
“We’ve been taking some calls on Tyler, and I let his agent (Ian Pulver) know that yesterday,” said Chiarelli, per CSN New England. Look, I’ve got a lot of balls in the air including negotiations, and that stuff is going to leak out.
“When it leaked out that we were talking calls on Seguin, then we got a deluge of calls. It’s the power of Twitter, I guess. Then when [Nathan Horton] said he wasn’t coming back, they stopped. Self-correcting, I guess.”
Late last night, rumors started flying that the B’s were working on a deal with Calgary that would involve the Flames’ sixth overall pick. That speculation is still out there, so stay tuned to see if anything comes of it.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31