Jun 30, 2013, 3:01 PM EDT
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli has confirmed that he’s taken calls about 21-year-old forward Tyler Seguin; however, it’s not clear if a trade is imminent or Chiarelli is just testing the market.
“We’ve been taking some calls on Tyler, and I let his agent (Ian Pulver) know that yesterday,” said Chiarelli, per CSN New England. Look, I’ve got a lot of balls in the air including negotiations, and that stuff is going to leak out.
“When it leaked out that we were talking calls on Seguin, then we got a deluge of calls. It’s the power of Twitter, I guess. Then when [Nathan Horton] said he wasn’t coming back, they stopped. Self-correcting, I guess.”
Late last night, rumors started flying that the B’s were working on a deal with Calgary that would involve the Flames’ sixth overall pick. That speculation is still out there, so stay tuned to see if anything comes of it.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)