Jun 29, 2013, 9:04 PM EDT
38-year-old forward Jay Pandolfo might have played in his last game.
He participated in just 18 contests in 2013 with the Boston Bruins and averaged just 9:04 minutes of ice time.
“[It’s] age. If you are going to try to continue to play, it’s a mental commitment more than just physical,” Pandolfo told CSN New England. “Right now, that’s why I haven’t 100 percent made a decision. That’s why I’m more leaning more towards retiring.”
Pandolfo played in 899 career games and only spent his final season in Boston, but it was a memorable experience for him.
“To be able to finish here [in Boston] is pretty special for me,” Pandolfo said. “I’m not sure I’d really want to go play somewhere else at this point. I’m definitely probably leaning towards retiring.”
He has scored 100 goals and 226 points over his career. Pandolfo also won the Stanley Cup twice with the New Jersey Devils.
It’s worth adding that he also reinforced those statements on Twitter today:
To be able to finish in Boston, is special for me. At 38, I'm not sure I want to play somewhere else at this point. What a ride! #ThankYou
— Jay Pandolfo (@Jay_Pandolfo) June 29, 2013
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 21
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)