Jun 29, 2013, 9:04 PM EST
38-year-old forward Jay Pandolfo might have played in his last game.
He participated in just 18 contests in 2013 with the Boston Bruins and averaged just 9:04 minutes of ice time.
“[It’s] age. If you are going to try to continue to play, it’s a mental commitment more than just physical,” Pandolfo told CSN New England. “Right now, that’s why I haven’t 100 percent made a decision. That’s why I’m more leaning more towards retiring.”
Pandolfo played in 899 career games and only spent his final season in Boston, but it was a memorable experience for him.
“To be able to finish here [in Boston] is pretty special for me,” Pandolfo said. “I’m not sure I’d really want to go play somewhere else at this point. I’m definitely probably leaning towards retiring.”
He has scored 100 goals and 226 points over his career. Pandolfo also won the Stanley Cup twice with the New Jersey Devils.
It’s worth adding that he also reinforced those statements on Twitter today:
To be able to finish in Boston, is special for me. At 38, I'm not sure I want to play somewhere else at this point. What a ride! #ThankYou
— Jay Pandolfo (@Jay_Pandolfo) June 29, 2013
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)