Jun 29, 2013, 9:04 PM EDT
38-year-old forward Jay Pandolfo might have played in his last game.
He participated in just 18 contests in 2013 with the Boston Bruins and averaged just 9:04 minutes of ice time.
“[It’s] age. If you are going to try to continue to play, it’s a mental commitment more than just physical,” Pandolfo told CSN New England. “Right now, that’s why I haven’t 100 percent made a decision. That’s why I’m more leaning more towards retiring.”
Pandolfo played in 899 career games and only spent his final season in Boston, but it was a memorable experience for him.
“To be able to finish here [in Boston] is pretty special for me,” Pandolfo said. “I’m not sure I’d really want to go play somewhere else at this point. I’m definitely probably leaning towards retiring.”
He has scored 100 goals and 226 points over his career. Pandolfo also won the Stanley Cup twice with the New Jersey Devils.
It’s worth adding that he also reinforced those statements on Twitter today:
To be able to finish in Boston, is special for me. At 38, I'm not sure I want to play somewhere else at this point. What a ride! #ThankYou
— Jay Pandolfo (@Jay_Pandolfo) June 29, 2013
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 5
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 53
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)