Jun 29, 2013, 9:04 PM EDT
38-year-old forward Jay Pandolfo might have played in his last game.
He participated in just 18 contests in 2013 with the Boston Bruins and averaged just 9:04 minutes of ice time.
“[It’s] age. If you are going to try to continue to play, it’s a mental commitment more than just physical,” Pandolfo told CSN New England. “Right now, that’s why I haven’t 100 percent made a decision. That’s why I’m more leaning more towards retiring.”
Pandolfo played in 899 career games and only spent his final season in Boston, but it was a memorable experience for him.
“To be able to finish here [in Boston] is pretty special for me,” Pandolfo said. “I’m not sure I’d really want to go play somewhere else at this point. I’m definitely probably leaning towards retiring.”
He has scored 100 goals and 226 points over his career. Pandolfo also won the Stanley Cup twice with the New Jersey Devils.
It’s worth adding that he also reinforced those statements on Twitter today:
To be able to finish in Boston, is special for me. At 38, I'm not sure I want to play somewhere else at this point. What a ride! #ThankYou
— Jay Pandolfo (@Jay_Pandolfo) June 29, 2013
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 18
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 38
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 59
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 55
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)