Jun 29, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT
One of the NHL’s most physical players could be traded this weekend.
Sources tell Russo that the price for Clutterbuck is a second-round draft pick and a prospect.
Clutterbuck is a restricted free agent that racked up 155 hits in 42 games during 2013. However, his offensive production was down, with just four goals and six assists.
The 25-year-old is coming off a three-year, $4.2 million contract.
His best season came in 2010-11 when he scored 19 goals and added 15 assists, with a league-leading 336 hits.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 104
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 53
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63