Jun 29, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT
One of the NHL’s most physical players could be traded this weekend.
Sources tell Russo that the price for Clutterbuck is a second-round draft pick and a prospect.
Clutterbuck is a restricted free agent that racked up 155 hits in 42 games during 2013. However, his offensive production was down, with just four goals and six assists.
The 25-year-old is coming off a three-year, $4.2 million contract.
His best season came in 2010-11 when he scored 19 goals and added 15 assists, with a league-leading 336 hits.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)