Jun 29, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
With several big contract decisions on the horizon, the Bruins appear to be looking at a variety of trades scenarios heading into Sunday’s draft.
One big scenario in particular, involving Tyler Seguin.
RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports Seguin’s name came up on Saturday as Boston appeared “really active” on the trade front, with Tampa Bay reportedly in the mix for the 21-year-old’s services.
CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty reports the proposed asking price for Seguin is steep: Boston wants in the top-10 of Sunday’s draft (the Bruins don’t draft until No. 60 overall) and an impact-level roster player.
Rask’s new deal could command as much as $6.5 million annually and Bergeron — who’s 3-year, $15 million deal expires in 2014 — could be looking at comparable money, if not more.
So, perhaps it’s Seguin — who’s six-year, $34.5 million extension kicks in next year — that needs to go.
He led the B’s in scoring last year and finished second in goals this year, but had a disappointing playoff where he was often relegated to third-line duty.
In other news relating to Boston’s cap issues, McKenzie reports UFA forward Nathan Horton is unlikely to be back with Boston.
Ference’s name, in fact, was added to the list of players that might have their negotiating rights dealt this weekend.
Several teams have inquired about the Boston defenseman, according to Haggerty.
Haggerty spoke with B’s GM Peter Chiarelli on Saturday, confirming earlier reports that Ference was in play. The 34-year-old has spent the last seven seasons in Boston and would be a solid addition for a team looking for veteran depth on the blueline.
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 4
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 9
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 31
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)