Jun 29, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
With several big contract decisions on the horizon, the Bruins appear to be looking at a variety of trades scenarios heading into Sunday’s draft.
One big scenario in particular, involving Tyler Seguin.
RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports Seguin’s name came up on Saturday as Boston appeared “really active” on the trade front, with Tampa Bay reportedly in the mix for the 21-year-old’s services.
CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty reports the proposed asking price for Seguin is steep: Boston wants in the top-10 of Sunday’s draft (the Bruins don’t draft until No. 60 overall) and an impact-level roster player.
Rask’s new deal could command as much as $6.5 million annually and Bergeron — who’s 3-year, $15 million deal expires in 2014 — could be looking at comparable money, if not more.
So, perhaps it’s Seguin — who’s six-year, $34.5 million extension kicks in next year — that needs to go.
He led the B’s in scoring last year and finished second in goals this year, but had a disappointing playoff where he was often relegated to third-line duty.
In other news relating to Boston’s cap issues, McKenzie reports UFA forward Nathan Horton is unlikely to be back with Boston.
Ference’s name, in fact, was added to the list of players that might have their negotiating rights dealt this weekend.
Several teams have inquired about the Boston defenseman, according to Haggerty.
Haggerty spoke with B’s GM Peter Chiarelli on Saturday, confirming earlier reports that Ference was in play. The 34-year-old has spent the last seven seasons in Boston and would be a solid addition for a team looking for veteran depth on the blueline.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)