Jun 29, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Tyler Bozak continues to inch closer to the free agent market.
Bozak, the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 27-year-old center, is slated to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5, however there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of talks about a contract extension, as the NHL Draft goes Sunday.
Bozak is at the end of a two-year, $3 million deal, according to Capgeek.com. He scored 12 goals and had 28 points in 46 regular season games in 2013.
“Not a whole lot of progress at this point,” Leafs general manager Dave Nonis told reporters on Friday.
“I wouldn’t really expect any (Friday or Saturday). There’s a lot of moving parts right now in terms of teams trying to move players.
“It’s not that we’re not focused on trying to get Tyler signed, because he is a player we’d obviously like to have, but it’s not a priority between now and Sunday.”
The Leafs are slated to pick 21st overall in this year’s draft.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)