Jun 29, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Tyler Bozak continues to inch closer to the free agent market.
Bozak, the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 27-year-old center, is slated to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5, however there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of talks about a contract extension, as the NHL Draft goes Sunday.
Bozak is at the end of a two-year, $3 million deal, according to Capgeek.com. He scored 12 goals and had 28 points in 46 regular season games in 2013.
“Not a whole lot of progress at this point,” Leafs general manager Dave Nonis told reporters on Friday.
“I wouldn’t really expect any (Friday or Saturday). There’s a lot of moving parts right now in terms of teams trying to move players.
“It’s not that we’re not focused on trying to get Tyler signed, because he is a player we’d obviously like to have, but it’s not a priority between now and Sunday.”
The Leafs are slated to pick 21st overall in this year’s draft.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)