Jun 29, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Tyler Bozak continues to inch closer to the free agent market.
Bozak, the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 27-year-old center, is slated to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5, however there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of talks about a contract extension, as the NHL Draft goes Sunday.
Bozak is at the end of a two-year, $3 million deal, according to Capgeek.com. He scored 12 goals and had 28 points in 46 regular season games in 2013.
“Not a whole lot of progress at this point,” Leafs general manager Dave Nonis told reporters on Friday.
“I wouldn’t really expect any (Friday or Saturday). There’s a lot of moving parts right now in terms of teams trying to move players.
“It’s not that we’re not focused on trying to get Tyler signed, because he is a player we’d obviously like to have, but it’s not a priority between now and Sunday.”
The Leafs are slated to pick 21st overall in this year’s draft.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 5
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 74
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 72
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 63
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 37
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 72
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (75)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (74)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (73)