Jun 29, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Tyler Bozak continues to inch closer to the free agent market.
Bozak, the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 27-year-old center, is slated to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5, however there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of talks about a contract extension, as the NHL Draft goes Sunday.
Bozak is at the end of a two-year, $3 million deal, according to Capgeek.com. He scored 12 goals and had 28 points in 46 regular season games in 2013.
“Not a whole lot of progress at this point,” Leafs general manager Dave Nonis told reporters on Friday.
“I wouldn’t really expect any (Friday or Saturday). There’s a lot of moving parts right now in terms of teams trying to move players.
“It’s not that we’re not focused on trying to get Tyler signed, because he is a player we’d obviously like to have, but it’s not a priority between now and Sunday.”
The Leafs are slated to pick 21st overall in this year’s draft.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)