Jun 29, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Tyler Bozak continues to inch closer to the free agent market.
Bozak, the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 27-year-old center, is slated to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5, however there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of talks about a contract extension, as the NHL Draft goes Sunday.
Bozak is at the end of a two-year, $3 million deal, according to Capgeek.com. He scored 12 goals and had 28 points in 46 regular season games in 2013.
“Not a whole lot of progress at this point,” Leafs general manager Dave Nonis told reporters on Friday.
“I wouldn’t really expect any (Friday or Saturday). There’s a lot of moving parts right now in terms of teams trying to move players.
“It’s not that we’re not focused on trying to get Tyler signed, because he is a player we’d obviously like to have, but it’s not a priority between now and Sunday.”
The Leafs are slated to pick 21st overall in this year’s draft.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 24
- Mike Richards clears waivers 29
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)