Jun 29, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
If Glendale Mayor Jerry Weiers thinks the NHL is bluffing about July 2 being the deadline for the city to approve an arena-management deal for the Coyotes, deputy commissioner Bill Daly has a message for him, via Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona.
“He can characterize it the way he wants, but it is what it is,” said Daly. “We either get certainty in Glendale by July 2, or we immediately pursue our other options outside of Glendale. We have already gone past the date we were comfortable accommodating in the first place. I hope for the sake of the Coyotes fans in Glendale that they don’t lose the team because of a miscalculation made by members of the City Council.”
You may recall prior to the Stanley Cup Final when Daly characterized the situation like this: “No decision could be a decision.”
Translation: if the city waffles too long, the NHL will have no choice but to relocate the Coyotes.
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 4
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 30
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 107
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7