Jun 29, 2013, 8:01 PM EST
Ed Jovanovski underwent season-ending hip surgery in April, but the good news is that he’s been making progress lately.
Jovanovski isn’t experiencing pain and will begin skating in the coming days, according to the Miami Herald.
The 37-year-old blueliner was limited to just six games last season and hasn’t played in more than 66 contests in any of his last four campaigns.
Despite that he’s still under contract with the Florida Panthers for another two seasons and comes with an annual cap hit of $4,125,000. It’s worth noting that because he signed as a 35+ player, his cap hit won’t go away if he retires.
It’s still not known if he’ll be available for the start of training camp.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)