Jun 29, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
Ed Jovanovski underwent season-ending hip surgery in April, but the good news is that he’s been making progress lately.
Jovanovski isn’t experiencing pain and will begin skating in the coming days, according to the Miami Herald.
The 37-year-old blueliner was limited to just six games last season and hasn’t played in more than 66 contests in any of his last four campaigns.
Despite that he’s still under contract with the Florida Panthers for another two seasons and comes with an annual cap hit of $4,125,000. It’s worth noting that because he signed as a 35+ player, his cap hit won’t go away if he retires.
It’s still not known if he’ll be available for the start of training camp.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15