Jun 29, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
Ed Jovanovski underwent season-ending hip surgery in April, but the good news is that he’s been making progress lately.
Jovanovski isn’t experiencing pain and will begin skating in the coming days, according to the Miami Herald.
The 37-year-old blueliner was limited to just six games last season and hasn’t played in more than 66 contests in any of his last four campaigns.
Despite that he’s still under contract with the Florida Panthers for another two seasons and comes with an annual cap hit of $4,125,000. It’s worth noting that because he signed as a 35+ player, his cap hit won’t go away if he retires.
It’s still not known if he’ll be available for the start of training camp.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)