Jun 29, 2013, 8:01 PM EST
Ed Jovanovski underwent season-ending hip surgery in April, but the good news is that he’s been making progress lately.
Jovanovski isn’t experiencing pain and will begin skating in the coming days, according to the Miami Herald.
The 37-year-old blueliner was limited to just six games last season and hasn’t played in more than 66 contests in any of his last four campaigns.
Despite that he’s still under contract with the Florida Panthers for another two seasons and comes with an annual cap hit of $4,125,000. It’s worth noting that because he signed as a 35+ player, his cap hit won’t go away if he retires.
It’s still not known if he’ll be available for the start of training camp.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 130
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 115
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (130)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (115)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)