Jun 29, 2013, 4:37 PM EDT
Per Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston, according to Gillis, it was another team that called the Canucks about Schneider, not the other way around.
OK, but is trading Schneider indeed a possibility?
“You have to listen (to offers),” said Gillis.
We’ll take that as a yes. Though how seriously the Canucks are listening, and what kind of offers they’re getting, isn’t clear.
Also unclear: how Roberto Luongo feels about all this. It’s been widely reported that the 34-year-old wants a fresh start elsewhere, but so far his contract has been a roadblock to making that happen.
Also unclear: if Canucks ownership is open to the possibility of a Luongo buyout, which would erase all present and future cap-related issues but cost the club $27 million over 18 years.
Whatever happens, it’s unlikely Vancouver’s goalie saga goes on much longer. (At least, this particular chapter.)
“Things have been really busy,” said Gillis. “I’m getting a lot of calls, having a lot of conversations, so we’ll see what happens”
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 10
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 40
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 32
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 45
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 101
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 6
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (101)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)