Jun 29, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
Leading up to the 2013 NHL Entry Draft in New Jersey, we’ll be profiling top prospects who may hear their names called Sunday in the first round. Nothing too in-depth. Just enough so you know who they are and what they’re about.
Max Domi (C)
Height: 5’9 Weight: 185 Shoots: Left
Team: London Knights (OHL)
NHL Central Scouting ranking: No. 19 among North American skaters
What kind of player is he?
As the son of Tie Domi, you’d expect Max Domi to be pugnacious beyond anything else (kind of like how Henrik Samuelsson stirs the pot in a way that reminds many of his father Ulf). Instead, the small forward is known more for his prodigious skill and speed.
(Word is that he isn’t totally adverse to mix it up, either. He is a Domi, after all.)
As a diabetic, he’s adopted Bobby Clarke as something of an idol, switching to No. 16 in his honor.
While his overall offensive skill set impresses, his playmaking ability stands out. Some might find his fanciness a little off-putting, so expect a lot of jokes about certain failed attempts “not exactly making dad proud.”
In what’s far from a shocking development, the Toronto Sun reports that Toronto Maple Leafs fans really want the team to grab Domi if he’s available at pick 21.
Knights (and former Washington Capitals) head coach Dale Hunter provided high praise of Domi to NHL.com.
“He has extensive offensive skills and his skating ability is — and I hate to say it — [Sidney] Crosby-esque,” Hunter said. “You never want to compare [a player] to someone like that, but he has a very strong lower torso, so his center of gravity is amazing.”
For more 2013 NHL Draft previews, click here.
Apr 1, 2015, 9:54 PM EDT
Apr 1, 2015, 9:23 PM EDT
It’s been a while.
Apr 1, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
He’s having a “down year,” apparently.
Apr 1, 2015, 8:18 PM EDT
Red Wings forward reflects on Tuesday’s scary skate cut incident.
Apr 1, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Just 12 forwards, and five defensemen.
Apr 1, 2015, 7:39 PM EDT
“It was vicious, and it deserves to be penalized.”
Apr 1, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Kings defenseman also suffered a ruptured Achilles.
Apr 1, 2015, 6:38 PM EDT
Catch the game on NBCSN, or with NBCSports.com’s Live Extra.
Apr 1, 2015, 6:13 PM EDT
He’ll play on a line with Carl Hagelin and Kevin Hayes.
Apr 1, 2015, 5:26 PM EDT
Has been playing in Finland this season.
Apr 1, 2015, 4:48 PM EDT
Click for all the odds.
Apr 1, 2015, 4:24 PM EDT
Certainly better than they were in February.
Apr 1, 2015, 3:27 PM EDT
Did you know only six players in the entire NHL have more points than Hudler?
Apr 1, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Wouldn’t be great news for the Kings.
Apr 1, 2015, 2:27 PM EDT
“I think the timetable’s still at the 12-week mark.”
Apr 1, 2015, 2:27 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Apr 1, 2015, 2:13 PM EDT
After scoring 16 points in 15 games.
Apr 1, 2015, 1:59 PM EDT
But that’s no longer the case.
Apr 1, 2015, 1:04 PM EDT
“You guys when you’re asking me these questions, you guys want to be negative more than me.”
Apr 1, 2015, 12:52 PM EDT
After posting three straight 20-goal seasons.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 3
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 11
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)