Jun 29, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
It would appear Darnell Nurse likes to model his game after NHL veteran defenseman Chris Pronger.
Nurse, a defenseman with the Ontario Hockey League’s Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, heads into Sunday’s NHL Draft as the fourth-ranked North American skater, as per NHL Central Scouting.
He’s got the size, standing 6’4″. Pronger is listed at 6’6″. So, there’s one comparable. They’re both towering figures on the back end.
Pronger, who hasn’t played a game in almost two full years after suffering another concussion, had a reputation of being a nasty blue liner to play against.
That’s an element of his game Nurse would like further emphasize, as he will take the next step into realizing his dream as a professional hockey player.
“You watch the game and [Pronger] has so much room just based on the fact of how hard he is to play against,” Nurse told CSN Philadelphia. “That is something I like to take away from his game.”
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 3
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25