Jun 29, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
It would appear Darnell Nurse likes to model his game after NHL veteran defenseman Chris Pronger.
Nurse, a defenseman with the Ontario Hockey League’s Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, heads into Sunday’s NHL Draft as the fourth-ranked North American skater, as per NHL Central Scouting.
He’s got the size, standing 6’4″. Pronger is listed at 6’6″. So, there’s one comparable. They’re both towering figures on the back end.
Pronger, who hasn’t played a game in almost two full years after suffering another concussion, had a reputation of being a nasty blue liner to play against.
That’s an element of his game Nurse would like further emphasize, as he will take the next step into realizing his dream as a professional hockey player.
“You watch the game and [Pronger] has so much room just based on the fact of how hard he is to play against,” Nurse told CSN Philadelphia. “That is something I like to take away from his game.”
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 11
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 10
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 15
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)