Jun 29, 2013, 10:20 AM EDT
Renaud Lavoie of RDS reported that it is a two-way contract, worth $550,000.
Blunden, a second-round pick of the Chicago Blackhawks in 2005, played in five regular season games for the Canadiens in 2013 and did not register a point.
The 26-year-old Blunden also appeared in one playoff game.
In 54 games this past season with the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League, Blunden scored 10 goals and had 22 points.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 31
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 71
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 171
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (171)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (71)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)