Jun 29, 2013, 10:20 AM EDT
Renaud Lavoie of RDS reported that it is a two-way contract, worth $550,000.
Blunden, a second-round pick of the Chicago Blackhawks in 2005, played in five regular season games for the Canadiens in 2013 and did not register a point.
The 26-year-old Blunden also appeared in one playoff game.
In 54 games this past season with the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League, Blunden scored 10 goals and had 22 points.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21