Jun 29, 2013, 10:20 AM EDT
Renaud Lavoie of RDS reported that it is a two-way contract, worth $550,000.
Blunden, a second-round pick of the Chicago Blackhawks in 2005, played in five regular season games for the Canadiens in 2013 and did not register a point.
The 26-year-old Blunden also appeared in one playoff game.
In 54 games this past season with the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League, Blunden scored 10 goals and had 22 points.
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 11
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 6
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29