Jun 29, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Florida Panthers forward Jonathan Huberdeau — the 2013 winner of the Calder Trophy as the NHL’s top rookie — earned another first-year honor on Saturday as he was named to the league’s All-Rookie Team.
The team didn’t have many surprises, as the three Calder nominees were a lock while Schultz and Brodin finished seventh and fourth in voting.
The only slight surprise is in goal, where Allen beat out Florida’s Jacob Markstrom for the spot. Markstrom finished slightly ahead of Allen in Calder voting and had a more complete resume this year, appearing in 23 games to Allen’s 15.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 10
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)