Jun 28, 2013, 2:29 PM EDT
Nashville Predators GM David Poile will serve as Team USA’s general manager while Pittsburgh Penguins GM Ray Shero will be the associate general manager. Brian Burke, who was the general manager of the 2010 team, will stay on as the director of player personnel.
“We couldn’t be more pleased than to have David as our general manager,” said president of USA Hockey, Ron DeGregorio. “He continues to have a remarkable management career in the National Hockey League and the vast experience and expertise he brings to the table will serve us well in our goal to bring the gold medal back to the United States.”
One thing USA Hockey didn’t confirm today was their head coach, which will reportedly be Penguins bench boss Dan Bylsma. They’ll announce their choice tomorrow.
Team USA will also have an advisory board of Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman, Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon, Los Angeles Kings GM Dean Lombardi, Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, and Pittsburgh Penguins scout Don Waddell.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 10
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1