Jun 28, 2013, 2:29 PM EDT
Nashville Predators GM David Poile will serve as Team USA’s general manager while Pittsburgh Penguins GM Ray Shero will be the associate general manager. Brian Burke, who was the general manager of the 2010 team, will stay on as the director of player personnel.
“We couldn’t be more pleased than to have David as our general manager,” said president of USA Hockey, Ron DeGregorio. “He continues to have a remarkable management career in the National Hockey League and the vast experience and expertise he brings to the table will serve us well in our goal to bring the gold medal back to the United States.”
One thing USA Hockey didn’t confirm today was their head coach, which will reportedly be Penguins bench boss Dan Bylsma. They’ll announce their choice tomorrow.
Team USA will also have an advisory board of Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman, Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon, Los Angeles Kings GM Dean Lombardi, Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, and Pittsburgh Penguins scout Don Waddell.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 99
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (100)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)