Jun 28, 2013, 2:29 PM EDT
Nashville Predators GM David Poile will serve as Team USA’s general manager while Pittsburgh Penguins GM Ray Shero will be the associate general manager. Brian Burke, who was the general manager of the 2010 team, will stay on as the director of player personnel.
“We couldn’t be more pleased than to have David as our general manager,” said president of USA Hockey, Ron DeGregorio. “He continues to have a remarkable management career in the National Hockey League and the vast experience and expertise he brings to the table will serve us well in our goal to bring the gold medal back to the United States.”
One thing USA Hockey didn’t confirm today was their head coach, which will reportedly be Penguins bench boss Dan Bylsma. They’ll announce their choice tomorrow.
Team USA will also have an advisory board of Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman, Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon, Los Angeles Kings GM Dean Lombardi, Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, and Pittsburgh Penguins scout Don Waddell.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)