Jun 28, 2013, 2:29 PM EST
Nashville Predators GM David Poile will serve as Team USA’s general manager while Pittsburgh Penguins GM Ray Shero will be the associate general manager. Brian Burke, who was the general manager of the 2010 team, will stay on as the director of player personnel.
“We couldn’t be more pleased than to have David as our general manager,” said president of USA Hockey, Ron DeGregorio. “He continues to have a remarkable management career in the National Hockey League and the vast experience and expertise he brings to the table will serve us well in our goal to bring the gold medal back to the United States.”
One thing USA Hockey didn’t confirm today was their head coach, which will reportedly be Penguins bench boss Dan Bylsma. They’ll announce their choice tomorrow.
Team USA will also have an advisory board of Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman, Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon, Los Angeles Kings GM Dean Lombardi, Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, and Pittsburgh Penguins scout Don Waddell.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (147)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)