Jun 28, 2013, 2:29 PM EST
Nashville Predators GM David Poile will serve as Team USA’s general manager while Pittsburgh Penguins GM Ray Shero will be the associate general manager. Brian Burke, who was the general manager of the 2010 team, will stay on as the director of player personnel.
“We couldn’t be more pleased than to have David as our general manager,” said president of USA Hockey, Ron DeGregorio. “He continues to have a remarkable management career in the National Hockey League and the vast experience and expertise he brings to the table will serve us well in our goal to bring the gold medal back to the United States.”
One thing USA Hockey didn’t confirm today was their head coach, which will reportedly be Penguins bench boss Dan Bylsma. They’ll announce their choice tomorrow.
Team USA will also have an advisory board of Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman, Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon, Los Angeles Kings GM Dean Lombardi, Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, and Pittsburgh Penguins scout Don Waddell.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 2
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 25
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 22
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 28
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 10
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)