Jun 28, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Nathan Horton is interested in re-signing with Boston, but his reported contract demands might be too rich for the Bruins.
The 28-year-old forward is seeking roughly $6 million per season on a five or six year contract, according to a CSN New England source.
He’s scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5 and might get that much on the open market. Although his regular season numbers have left something to be desired, Horton has scored 15 goals and 36 points in 43 career playoff contests.
The Boston Bruins might even entertain such a deal, but it wouldn’t be surprising if they bulk at that price given their present situation. Boston doesn’t have a ton of cap space and still needs to re-sign goaltender Tuukka Rask, won’t come cheap.
That being said, the Bruins might be able to clear space by making a trade or exercising one of their compliance buyouts.
“I’ve always said, like I said, I love the guys,” Horton said. “The team is great, and it’s a fun place to play.
“Other than that, I don’t know what’s going to happen. I couldn’t tell you throughout the year that was going to happen, I don’t know and we’ll see what happens.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 4
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 106
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (106)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)