Jun 28, 2013, 4:39 PM EDT
The Flyers might be busy moving out a defenseman during the offseason.
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports Philadelphia is looking at trading blueliner Braydon Coburn. His source comes from a rival GM who has heard about Coburn’s availability and the Edmonton Oilers and Carolina Hurricanes are two teams that could seek to get involved.
Both the Oilers and Hurricanes have drastic needs to upgrade their defense corps and both teams can afford Coburn’s $4.5 million cap hit over the next three years of his contract. Of course, Coburn was one of Philly’s better defenders last season and while they’ve signed Mark Streit to a four-year deal, he’s not-so hot of a defender.
If the Flyers do move Coburn at the draft, you wonder if they’re asking to swap first-round picks as part of the deal. With some highly-regarded defenders available early on, the Flyers might look to grab one even higher. Philly currently has the No. 11 pick overall in the first.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)