Jun 28, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
The Flyers’ hunt for a goalie to replace Ilya Bryzgalov is about to heat up.
“The Flyers have been told it’s going to take a very good player, but it won’t take one of their top guys, which Philadelphia was worried about,” the source said. “He could be their No. 1.”
Halak’s season in St. Louis ended quietly as Brian Elliott took over for them in the postseason. There was a report about a confrontation between Halak and coach Ken Hitchcock towards the end of the season, but inside sources have told PHT no such thing occurred.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63