Jun 28, 2013, 3:10 PM EST
The Flyers’ hunt for a goalie to replace Ilya Bryzgalov is about to heat up.
“The Flyers have been told it’s going to take a very good player, but it won’t take one of their top guys, which Philadelphia was worried about,” the source said. “He could be their No. 1.”
Halak’s season in St. Louis ended quietly as Brian Elliott took over for them in the postseason. There was a report about a confrontation between Halak and coach Ken Hitchcock towards the end of the season, but inside sources have told PHT no such thing occurred.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 9
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 13
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2