Jun 28, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
The Flyers’ hunt for a goalie to replace Ilya Bryzgalov is about to heat up.
“The Flyers have been told it’s going to take a very good player, but it won’t take one of their top guys, which Philadelphia was worried about,” the source said. “He could be their No. 1.”
Halak’s season in St. Louis ended quietly as Brian Elliott took over for them in the postseason. There was a report about a confrontation between Halak and coach Ken Hitchcock towards the end of the season, but inside sources have told PHT no such thing occurred.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8