Jun 28, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
The Flyers’ hunt for a goalie to replace Ilya Bryzgalov is about to heat up.
“The Flyers have been told it’s going to take a very good player, but it won’t take one of their top guys, which Philadelphia was worried about,” the source said. “He could be their No. 1.”
Halak’s season in St. Louis ended quietly as Brian Elliott took over for them in the postseason. There was a report about a confrontation between Halak and coach Ken Hitchcock towards the end of the season, but inside sources have told PHT no such thing occurred.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2